Looking To Start My Neck Through Body Bass

Well Hello all, I am an absolute beginner when it comes to building instruments, but I have been playing Both Bass and Acoustic Guitar for abour 8 years now.

I am still looking at wood combos for my Neck through Body Bass. Here is what I have so far.

Fret Board: Cocobolo

Neck: Hard Maple/Wenge/Hard Maple/Wenge/Hard Maple

Body: Big Leaf Quilted Maple

Any Thoughts?

As soon as I figure out how to put images up, I will put a small pre-look for wood contrasts up.

Thanks

Here it is...

roughlook.jpg

Edited by SirSkippy

If you can find the wood locally, you'll get better prices per board foot than you will on (let's say) eBay. The woods you're looking at are a fine choice for a bass; better to save up for the good stuff.

A word of advice on the neck...cut out your blanks as identical-sized rectangles, and when you glue 'em up press the sandwich together from all directions. The laminates will move on you in any direction that is not clamped (so find lots of clamps). On my own (first) neckthru neck I only clamped from the sides, some of my laminates drifted up, and I lost almost 1/2" of thickness planing everything flat... :D

Edited by erikbojerik