Bandsaw

Daniel Sorbera

those Laguna's look like sweet tools but just a tad on the pricey side ( you can get a quality mint condition 14" saw or better for way below 1000). Although with a good bandsaw one could turn around and start making profit by rewsawing wood for furniture and luthier stock I guess (if you live near some nice hard maple,spruce, walnut,etc).

laguna tools are by far some of the nicest tools out there. The price is not that high when you are running 100's of board feet a day. If you are a hobbiest don't even look at those tools.

I am tempted by the laguna 16hd. I have enough stuff to justify the costs.... just need too many tools.

a lot of the machines from overseas come from some of the same factories. at least the casting and all of that is somewhatclose. The parts are a lot different though. Of course they paint them differently too

For example you may get a 1hp motor in one or a 1.5hp in another. Also the motors can be different. Better housing thicker brushings etc...