Dimebag Darrell Remembered!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a white guitar with the you will always be remembered black ribbon that have his silouette with the guitar will be killer. With the tip of the ribbons in the 2 tails and the round part barely touching the heel of the neck.

Hey Maiden that's a great idea I know the thing your talking about I have one posted im my guitar thread The impaler, I was thinking abot doing some thing like that but I'am no good at air brushing B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

get the pic in Jpeg, take it to a print shop that have those vinyl cutters and have them cut it in it. then clean(take the cuttings out) the parts that are going to be black, base coat the guitar in white, place the vinyl on top don't press too hard or you won't be able to take it out with out damage, dust a black coat, one or 2 passes should be more than enough. wait a bit once almost dried, remove the vinyl, and once dried completely, run a tack rag ove, this will remove all the build up on the edges of the vinyl with out damaging the black and making it easier to clear even, clear coat a few coats, and you know, wet sand polish, string up and that's it, simple heh!

That's the way I did my EVH and the lines came out crisp and clean, I will be doint a little somenthing with vinyl in the close future :D , no more info for now but you should know. And this is the way that the auto painters make car graphics even on both sides, at least the ones that makes them in computer, there are other ways but this is by far the easiest. I will see if I can make a tutorial with this.

That's the way I did my EVH and the lines came out crisp and clean, I will be doint a little somenthing with vinyl in the close future  , no more info for now but you should know. And this is the way that the auto painters make car graphics even on both sides, at least the ones that makes them in computer, there are other ways but this is by far the easiest. I will see if I can make a tutorial with this.

Sound's cool Maiden, and a tutorial would be very helpfull I cant wait B)

With an image of Dime on it, or perhaps a copy of one of his more famous finishes.

0300551TCMLGNsmallerdimebag.jpg

This is the finish that I was thinking of doing with an image of dime on it with some song's form Pantera and damageplan on it I was thinking of buring the leters of the song's in to the wood might be cool look'en

Funny, my custom Dean that i have incoming looks like that one, just that it got a floyd. BTW if you build the guitar, be sure to post pics, i cant wait to c it! B)

Those are Krank amps

Yep there KranK amps!!

Funny, my custom Dean that i have incoming looks like that one, just that it got a floyd. BTW if you build the guitar, be sure to post pics, i cant wait to c it! 

Hey man that sound's cool!! I've not got mine started yet Iam still trying to find one Iam trying to trade my ESP for and DEAN or A dean copy or even a washburn would be great, any thing with that dime style headstock, Iam going to try what Maiden suggested it's sounds cool but iam still oppen to any help/info that any one has to offer :D :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

So again, who is the other guy in the 3rd post? Some of us are not so Metally informed you know.

Thanks for the info over this tragic event.

I am glad the perp got exactly what he deserved. Give that policeman a tribute too.

im pretty sure that thats darrell

westhemann (and krizalid), lets take a closer look, also from the same article

"When he came home for Christmas the year he was in the service, I was so proud of that man for cleaning up his life the way he did," Mary Clark told Columbus TV station NBC 4.

So apparently he started out being a mess, and then supposedly got better although those details are mysteriously left out, and then he obviously became a mess again, and she "knew" about the bad stuff and possibly "hoped" about the good stuff. If he was diagnosed as being psycho after doing a generally noble/good thing like serving in the armed services, then it is likely that his condition was previously at least somewhat apparent when his life was not "cleaned up".

What seems bogus as to his mother's contribution, is that ok, so he used to be a rotten egg (someone not to trust, not to be proud of), so after "recently" joining the military, as if the military never has any rotten eggs, so she (thoughtfully, appropriately???) bought this guy a "gun".

Being a recently enlisted does not qualify a person as having straightened up his life even though it is generally a step in the right direction. However, it might mean that he was desperate because he could not hold down a regular job or maybe he wanted to get paid to learn about fighting/killing. Notice he was not in the Navy or Air force, I think that's a Marine outfit (right?). Deep down she probably knew something about his problems prior to his diagnosis; it's very hard to completely fool mothers. And her remorse although appropriate, especially her appreciation for the officer killing her son to save other lives, that was cool, helps to show that she may have felt some responsibility or guilt for arming a potential ticking bomb.

If the kid was so loony as to claim that his identity was somehow stolen (by Pantera?), or that it was actually his lyrics that they stole and even his mother can understand that such a claim is ,,, nuts, then obviously the kid was "out of synch" for a long time.

Seems to me like his mother had clear warnings that a "gun" may not be the most ideal gift choice.

Edited by 1Way

1way, the nut crack was a Marine, I dunno what oy mean with that he was not in the navy or af, ?? that hes not gay? or mentally stable :D . Any way. You need a lot of cojones to pull the boot camp ( or at least needed about 10 yrs ago) and the DS make sure that they weave out te ones that don't have what it takes. I'm sure that he got straight during that time, after that, who knows.

It sucks when somenthing like this happens, just like the incident on the news, one mess up and everybody looks at the whole group as if they are worthless.

1nf1d3l, wow, I wondered. Darrel seems like he's very expressive and his look/appearance seems to change quite a bit. This incident seems too bizarre, it's hard to really grasp.

come on now,who else could it POSSIBLY be in a "remember dime" thread when the other is already named as hetfield? :D

Great musician, OK....."he was a great man"...how would you know?

well gee...i would guess by all the accounts of all those who knew him,

why?do you think he stole your lyrics as well? B)

considering that in all the years i have known dimebag existed,i have never heard or read anything negative about him except from phil anselmo,and considering he wrote all those helpful articles in guitar mags tring to teach beginners tips and tricks,and considering that he was well liked by all the other musicians who knew him,and that he was famous in a way that none of us will ever be,and never sold out or changed his style for anyone,i would say it is safe enough to say that he was a great man...especially in basically an epithat thread...wouldn't you?

Great musician, OK....."he was a great man"...how would you know?

History Is full of great men and wimen and realy the only way any of us know that they were great is by the acounts given to us by the ones who knew them and : documented there past for all of us to rember there great deeds!! that's how I know DIMEBAG was a great man!! B)

Those are Krank amps

Yep there KranK amps!!

Funny, my custom Dean that i have incoming looks like that one, just that it got a floyd. BTW if you build the guitar, be sure to post pics, i cant wait to c it! 

Hey man that sound's cool!! I've not got mine started yet Iam still trying to find one Iam trying to trade my ESP for and DEAN or A dean copy or even a washburn would be great, any thing with that dime style headstock, Iam going to try what Maiden suggested it's sounds cool but iam still oppen to any help/info that any one has to offer :D :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Well, if you still need the template for the guitar in Jan/Feb when I got my custom I can make a body template + headstock template.

Well, if you still need the template for the guitar in Jan/Feb when I got my custom I can make a body template + headstock template.

That would be deadly man Thank's for the offer what would you want for them??

I just found this little tidbit while scrolling thru Rocktron's site looking over MIDI controllers (doin' my homework, hehehe).

Interesting, because what they describe is -exactly- what his tone sounded like, that 'vapor-lock' sort of tone. Makes perfect sense.

"With great sadness we learned of the death of Dimebag Darrell. We had the pleasure of working with him for many, many years and he will be missed. Just a couple of weeks before the unfortunate incident in Ohio, Rocktron shipped him another two HUSH Super C's for use on his tour. A large part of Darrell's signature sound was created by an effect generated by the use of a HUSH placed before AND after his preamp - thus creating a "vaccuum-like" effect wherein an extreme tightness was evident in the "breaks" (muting) as this contrast between the huge amount of gain and the silence of the tone (caused by the HUSH units). He used this as almost a part of his technique or playing style - perhaps the only artist to utilize the HUSH in quite this way."