Are You In A Band?

Primal

Are you in a band?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in a band in high school....one of the best and at the same time frustrating times in my life....the bassist and drummer were very unskilled,and the other guitarist was much more skilled than me....so at the same time that i was trying to catch up to the other guitarist,the whole rythm section was faltering.

we must have played enter sandman 10,000 times :D

i would someday like to put together a band in which everyone is evenly matched and has the same basic ideals of music,without wasting time with excessive drugs and such

...even though i am the best player in my HS.

Sound like me. I was the best bassist at my highschool (I'm in college now) and everyone seemed to want me to play with them. The bad thing was that I was so far above their level that it would have just wasted my time to try to play with them. Also, I didn't like their veiws on music. I have been a band geek the past 7 years and therefore I have a more "refined" sense of musicality. The people that wanted me to play with them are the ones that would sit in the corner with all their buddies and headband while playing horribly.

The closest thing to a band I have ever been in was a small jazz combo that my drummer friend got together to record an audition tape to send to Berklee College of Music. I must say, we were pretty awesome.

...even though i am the best player in my HS.

Sound like me. I was the best bassist at my highschool (I'm in college now) and everyone seemed to want me to play with them. The bad thing was that I was so far above their level that it would have just wasted my time to try to play with them. Also, I didn't like their veiws on music. I have been a band geek the past 7 years and therefore I have a more "refined" sense of musicality. The people that wanted me to play with them are the ones that would sit in the corner with all their buddies and headband while playing horribly.

The closest thing to a band I have ever been in was a small jazz combo that my drummer friend got together to record an audition tape to send to Berklee College of Music. I must say, we were pretty awesome.

Everybody wants to compete with me though, not jsut jam together :D

Stupid kids and their prides00213.gifB)

Wot the...blo'ey 'ell... SHAAAROON!!!!

:D

I am certainly not the best bassist in the school, but I consider myself fairly skilled. Luckily, I am in a band with a kickbutt drummer and absolutely mindblowing guitarist (also known as mushy the shroom on PG.com), which makes it worthwhile to play. We used to jam with an excellent keyboardist, but he sorta went Napoleon on us and tried to twist the band to his own needs, and we stopped jamming with him. It's a shame; he was an excellent player and a great musician, he just -really- needed to learn how to write good rock!

Yep Iam in a death metal band I started it about 1 year ago and we havent done much since we stared!! :D ohwell one day I will rule this world Oh wait did type that out loud "crap" HAHAHA B):D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

i play guitar in a thrash/metalcore band right now, im trying out for a death/black metal band in january, and i drum in an indust/metal band.. my old hardcore/metal band broke up over the summer and i had 2 bands that did nothing.. hehe.. im a band spam

Two.

the first one is a melodic metal band, we try to incorporate as much melody in our songs as possible, everything from 12 string acoustic, piano, to death metal.

The second is more of a side project, my bud needed a guitarist for his band after several failed attempts with others, this one is more thrash metal.

Aye. The band is AKP.

I've never played Enter Sandman, and I've been in gigging bands since I was about 15 (I'm 29 now).

Beware the "fastest gunslinger" syndrome by the way - no matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. This is the problem with comparing your skill level with someone else.

Edited by Alexander

Beware the "fastest gunslinger" syndrome by the way - no matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. This is the problem with comparing your skill level with someone else.

besides that...those who brag most USUALLY don't have a whole lot to brag about

high school is a small pond

there are exceptions though

My first band was in HS...we had a girl singer (very cool!), musta played every Pat Benetar song known to man (and woman). OK musicians.

2nd band in college (U. Miami, FLA); all science/engineering majors we had the highest GPA of any band on campus, only our singer was a music major. All frat parties & bars, near the end of our 3rd year we were pulling in >1000 people at the frat parties. We'd play that Ramones tune "What I Like About You" and jam on it for 20 minutes. Really good musicians.

Now jamming with our church worship team (Derwood Bible Church), by far the best musicians I've ever played with, a group that really stretches my styles & musicianship. I've been with them only 2 years and I have a 3-ring binder with at least 200 charts in it (and I've played every one). Like drinking from a firehose. We're getting ready to write material for a CD.

besides that...those who brag most USUALLY don't have a whole lot to brag about

high school is a small pond

there are exceptions though

Wes, this is true but there are about 20-30 players left at my HS that are even worth comparing to me. Maybe im so much better then them because they all suck :D