Are You In A Band?

Primal

Are you in a band?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beware the "fastest gunslinger" syndrome by the way - no matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. This is the problem with comparing your skill level with someone else.

besides that...those who brag most USUALLY don't have a whole lot to brag about

high school is a small pond

there are exceptions though

Wes, this is true but there are about 20-30 players left at my HS that are even worth comparing to me. Maybe im so much better then them because they all suck :D

Hmm, where have I heard all this before...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware the "fastest gunslinger" syndrome by the way - no matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. This is the problem with comparing your skill level with someone else.

besides that...those who brag most USUALLY don't have a whole lot to brag about

high school is a small pond

there are exceptions though

Wes, this is true but there are about 20-30 players left at my HS that are even worth comparing to me. Maybe im so much better then them because they all suck :D

Hmm, where have I heard all this before...

I don't know? Where?

NNOOOOO.

My playing sucks and I'm trying to get batter at making them. If I can spen 3 hours toying with a guitar to make it feel better of make it better I rather do that than playing 3 hrs.

well, I know I ain't kidding no one with that, ...but my playing sucks and I like what I do. Pus, how will like to hang with an over 30 that doesn't smoke or drink or get high and have to be home before 10pm now adays.

NNOOOOO.

My playing sucks and I'm trying to get batter at making them. If I can spen 3 hours toying with a guitar to make it feel better of make it better I rather do that than playing 3 hrs.

well, I know I ain't kidding no one with that, ...but my playing sucks and I like what I do. Pus, how will like to hang with an over 30 that doesn't smoke or drink or get high and have to be home before 10pm now adays.

ill hang with ya man. im pretty bored most of the time, and i love talkin guitars

Pus, how will like to hang with an over 30 that doesn't smoke or drink or get high and have to be home before 10pm now adays.

i am one worse than that...i am over 30,don't smoke,rarely drink,and even though i don't have any reason at all to be home before 10 p.m. every night,i always am.because i am a lame ass

Pus, how will like to hang with an over 30 that doesn't smoke or drink or get high and have to be home before 10pm now adays.

i am one worse than that...i am over 30,don't smoke,rarely drink,and even though i don't have any reason at all to be home before 10 p.m. every night,i always am.because i am a lame ass

It's safe to say "Sucks gettin' old!"

:DB)

in my case it is definately "getting old"

"responsibilities and priorities".
just come with the territory :D

I'm getting there on the 35 mark, but in my job, I got to compete with the younger kids so physicaly I can't slack or show weakness (but I'm begining to work on a spare tire over the hollidays, so extra PT for me)

and the other ones came with the "family"

Ask Wes, he uses fullserve and posts clips, he should be able to get you running.

And yes I am.

The Sadistic Black Embryonic Carcasses

:DB):D

I knew you were getting into metal, but I had no idea!!

Are you gonna wear face masks or leather trenchcoats onstage or anything? :D

im sort of in a band its been hard getting our feet off the ground considering we dont have a bass/ optional rhythm gutiar. Its basically me and my freind 'drew drummin. I play lead and i sing. i might post a clip just for the heck of it. BTW my band is called bliss and we are christian (some songs) grunge band, sort of contridictary, eh? Last year at my schools battle of the bands we played the rugrats theme song but that was when i couldnt play gutiar lol, well i guess i could but i wasnt near as AVERAGE as i am now. lol.

heres that clip i was thinking about its called Playback Magic. It was improved with a little influence of metallica's nothing else matters solo and some other stuff... Here...

Playback Magic

that song came out of my highly modded SG (EMGs 81/85 1 v) through my 65w gorilla tubecruncher amp (tube wanna be) with crunch turned all the way up and 5 on all others except reverb (0) and volume (5) into my computer microphone recorded with audacity audio editing program. And i messed up once towards the end at about 2:53 i know u dont have to tell me, I think I'm an okay player to people that dont paly this song is awesome but players know all it is is a bunch of pentatonic scales and a few improved notes in between so its nothing special.

oh and algee probably the reason ur links not working is cuz ur not deleting "members/" in the link, uve got to this:

say the link in the top right corner says fullservesite.com/members/ageeeater/song.mp3

then u need to put fullservesite.com/algeeeater/song.mp3

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

Yep I'm in a band, altough we're not doing much at the moment as we're on the look out for yet another drummer :D I started the band back in high school when we were all 13/14 years old and the singer and other guitarist and myself are still together 7 years later. We sound like a mix between Megadeth, Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, Pantera and more modern stuff like Shadows Fall. We also have a acoustic side band we started a few years ago, we do the odd gig now again, it gives us a chance to play something different from the main band.....Chris Cornell, Doors Down, Chuck Berry, Goo Goo Dolls, Lifehouse, Incubus, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bruce Dickinson.....anything goes! B)

OK...at the risk of sounding lame, will someone please tell me the differences between the following kinds of metal:

Death

Black

Metalcore

Hardcore

Thrash

Back in the day, it was just "metal"...what's happened?

i have no idea all i know is death metal is where they growl while speaking and sometimes -rarely- they make a semi-legible scream

OK...at the risk of sounding lame, will someone please tell me the differences between the following kinds of metal:

Death

Black

Metalcore

Hardcore

Thrash

i have no idea all i know is death metal is where they growl while speaking and sometimes -rarely- they make a semi-legible scream

death metal owns you

Death

Black

Metalcore

Hardcore

Thrash

ok, heres the difference...

metalcore is that crap like atreyu/thrice stuff, its emo "metal"

true hardcore is bands like floorpunch/spazz/charles bronson(not the actor) stuff thats super super fast

death metal is bands like deicide, vital remains, stuff that is mostly satanic in lyrics, mostly all double bass and down tuned low, its also real real fast

thrash metal is like forbidden/slayer/hirax , just fast metal

black metal , really are (correct me if im wrong) ritualistic bands out of usually finland and places over there, they are satanic too

and and doom metal is really really slow metal like candlemass, black sabbath (first album from what i understand)

i could be wrong about all of this, but i listen to all of it and its what ive come to know about that music. plus i really cant think right now

Death

Black

Metalcore

Hardcore

Thrash

ok, heres the difference...

metalcore is that crap like atreyu/thrice stuff, its emo "metal"

true hardcore is bands like floorpunch/spazz/charles bronson(not the actor) stuff thats super super fast

death metal is bands like deicide, vital remains, stuff that is mostly satanic in lyrics, mostly all double bass and down tuned low, its also real real fast

thrash metal is like forbidden/slayer/hirax , just fast metal

black metal , really are (correct me if im wrong) ritualistic bands out of usually finland and places over there, they are satanic too

and and doom metal is really really slow metal like candlemass, black sabbath (first album from what i understand)

i could be wrong about all of this, but i listen to all of it and its what ive come to know about that music. plus i really cant think right now

actually, not to bitch, but its:

metalcore - hardcore mixed with nwobhm and thrash, usually has a screamer/power yeller out front. ex: avenged sevenfold, it dies today, bleeding through, shadows fall, killswitch engage, norma jean

hardcore - punk mixed with metal, usually has a screamer/power yeller out front. ex: throwdown, hatebreed, fugazi, sick of it all, evergreen terrace,

thrash - nwobhm turned to 11. ex: slayer, metallica(first three albums), megadeth(early albums), testament

death - thrash turned to 11, usually has screamer/growler out front. ex: six feet under, amon amarth, cannible corpse, morbid angel

black metal - thrash mixed with classical music, usually has a growler out front that goes and sings every once in a while. ex: dimmu borgir(older stuff), susperia, old mans child, byzantine, satirycon

doom - slowed down black metal, very melodic. (i dont listen to any doom, so i dont have any examples off the top of my head)

im a bit of a "metalwhore" so i pay attention to genre's too much.. i hate genre's..