Double-sided 3m Tape Distributor

VanKirk

I guess it shouldn't have surprised me but I found that Office Max sells 33yards x 1/2" rolls of the stuff for a decent price.

I'm sure there's other local stores as well but I didn't know that when I ordered my last roll through Stew-Mac and paid for shipping and had to wait. :D

The one I've been using is smaller size than carpet tapes and cheaper.. Even the cheapest tapes work very well. I've been using them for years for my presentations, stationary, etc. not only for building guitars. Low quality tapes may leave resin on the surface if you leave it sticked for a long time.. like more than few weeks.. and especially if heat is applied (esp. on sanding blocks) but it is easily removed by wiping with thinner. So I don't think it is necessary to go for 3M or other quality brands on double-sided tapes unless if you are using them on fragile surfaces, like paper or ply-woods. Low quality tapes have very strong resin and it may damage/tear off the surface when removing the tape.