Gt-6

ultraman

Im thinking of switching from my Boss ME-50 to the GT-6 because there are more pedals on the GT-6 to select presets with.

My question is :

Can i use the GT-6 as seperate pedals like i can with the me-50 as well as use the preset mode?

I know theres 2 bank select footswitches and 4 for effects. But what is the last one for?

( the one on the right side of the bottom row )

Is it also for selecting presets?

Thanks a bunch ! :D

Edited by ultraman

Im still learning how to use my GT-6 (i really only use a handfull of effects i just wanted the flexability :D), but as far as I know the CTL footswitch is for toggling presets - eg: adding reverb or something

if you understand how it has 2 banks of effects (FX-1 and FX-2), then basically you can use CTL to toggle one of any of those or wah, distortion/overdrive, delay, chorus, equaliser or even the tuner.

I would suggest you try and find a copy of the GT-6 Manual online in the event someone more knowledgable doesn't come to the party.

- Dan

In patch mode, the CTL button is programmable, (as is the expression pedal) and you can have it set to activate, de-activate or change a ton of parameters at once, either in toggle mode or as a momentary switch (the effect only stays active while you're standing on the pedal). The CTL pedal is also used for the tap tempo when you've got delay or tremolo effects that have their time base set to tap input.

Yes, the GT-6 can be operated in manual mode.

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/pics/gt6frontbig.jpg

Press the "Manual" button and the four pedals operate as Preamp, Overdrive/Distortion, Delay and Chorus. I would assume you can assign the CTL pedal to turn another effect on and off, or use it for tap delay tempo. But i never, ever use it in manual mode because in my opinion, the GT-6 is far more powerful in patch mode.

By the way, there's a GT-8 apparently being announced at NAMM this month that adds some new stuff to the GT-6 like amp control and dual amp model capability, and it also re-arranges some of the effects. They've moved the compressor out of the FX-1 group and made it a standalone effect, as it should have been from the beginning. Wait a few weeks and the GT-6 will probably drop in price, and/or you may be able to find some cheap ones ones on eBay as people upgrade. Or if you want the features of the GT-8, that'll be an option, too.