Left Handed Neck Truss Rod

Hi, is it true that a left handed neck's truss rod is backwards? That is, do you turn right to loosen and left to tighten? I believe I may have twisted an old neck the wrong way. My repairman says he's not sure if he can make it straight because I twisted it the wrong way. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Truss rods are truss rods on every single guitar I've ever seen, they all work with a standard right hand thread, turning clockwise should tighten it and counter clockwise should loosen it. I've never seen a left hand thread on anything. As for your repairman, if you turned it the wrong way, tell him to turn it the other way :D I wouldn't think it would be such a big deal B) Seriously though, if you put back bow in, take it out, if he has to press the neck to bring it back forward then he has to do that, I've never had a neck I couldn't beat :D

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate expert opinion. That's what I did, turned it to the left, like I was loosening it. He says they're in there backwards. I sent the neck back to him (in another state). Months and months go by and he's a busy guy apparently. Then he says he thinks the neck is beyond repair. It was a 74 strat lefty neck which I loved. I don't get it, I think he wants to keep it or sell it and give me something else. :D I wish I knew more about necks when I first got it from him.

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate expert opinion. That's what I did, turned it to the left, like I was loosening it. He says they're in there backwards. I sent the neck back to him (in another state). Months and months go by and he's a busy guy apparently. Then he says he thinks the neck is beyond repair. It was a 74 strat lefty neck which I loved. I don't get it, I think he wants to keep it or sell it and give me something else.  :D  I wish I knew more about necks when I first got it from him.

If you want, for the cost of shipping you can send it up here, I'll look at it and give you an honest answer, I've never had a neck beat me, I wouldn't let yours be the first B)