Led Lights, Just Not On Guitars...

guitardeam0n

I know this doesnt really involve guitars but I dont know anywhere else where I could get helpful information. If anyone plays with ENGL amps, there are LEDs on the inside to make them glow.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums...postid=10372118

I have a 5150 I have and I took the wood panel behind the cage so you can see the tubes and output transformers. I think LED lights like the ENGL would be completley wicked but I have no clue on how to do it. Can somone please send me in the right direction. Thanks alot.

There are tons of ways to do it. First of all, you could go with standard LED bulbs, neon (although it may affect the sound), or EL Tape or Wire. Secondly, you need to decide if you want it powered by a battery or through an outlet. For an amp, it would be most effective to use the amp's power supply, but you'd have to figure that out for yourself. Just do a googe search for LED or EL Tape or Wire, and read up on it.

Use LEDs - electroluminescents and/or real neon are going to put a huge noise source inside your amp, which strikes me as a bad idea. All you need is a DC power supply, some LEDs and a resistor for each one to limit the current. Google LED calculator for more info - there are several good ones on the web, and they'll do all the math for you.

Use LEDs - electroluminescents and/or real neon are going to put a huge noise source inside your amp, which strikes  me as a bad idea. All you need is a DC power supply, some LEDs and a resistor for each one to limit the current. Google LED calculator for more info - there are several good ones on the web, and they'll do all the math for you.

steal power from the heaters. done properly you can actually just use the leds as the rectifiers and add in a filtering cap.

theres an easy non power resistor way to run it off the high voltage too. but that might be a little complicated :D