So Anyone Off Here Fighting For This?

Well, at 11 1/8" wide it's too slim for any regular body shape, and at 27" long, it s too short to flip match. But it is perfectly sized for some killer neck blanks.

(Shh, Frank, you idiot! Shut up and let the interest waiver and it can be YOURS!!)

Wait, I've said too much.

As for Canada being for sale, well the European Unio....Oh crap I've said too much again.

EVERYBODY LOVES EVERYBODY!

Well, at 11 1/8" wide it's too slim for any regular body shape, and at 27" long, it s too short to flip match. But it is perfectly sized for some killer neck blanks.

(Shh, Frank, you idiot! Shut up and let the interest waiver and it can be YOURS!!)

Wait, I've said too much.

As for Canada being for sale, well the European Unio....Oh crap I've said too much again.

EVERYBODY LOVES EVERYBODY!

That's not true. In fact the guitar I'm building now is 12 1/2" wide and I cut it from a block of mahogany that was only 11 1/4". You just have to make it a two piece body.

Um, it's only 27" long. Unless I'm missing something, where are you going to get the other piece of wood? It's too short to cut and flip. You need roughly 18" for the bass side of a strat style guitar. That leaves less than 9" for the treble side. Perhaps there's a way to squeze out a LP double cutaway, or a tele, but I don't see how without some crazy cutting. Especially if you wanted a center join. I guess you could use the whole 11" and put scraps on the outer edge of the treble side.

I suppose if you put the joint right at the lowest point of the treble cutaway you might have enough to make a jagged rip on a bandsaw that left just enough wood for a cutaway on the remaining piece. But every way I do the math, I can't see it working for a full sized traditional shaped guitar. You could use it for an offset design with a little tiny treble horn and a long bass horn.

You could also possibly cut it into two "L" shaped pieces, with the protruding part of each piece being the lower bouts. The width of the two cutaways is about 11". Oh well, someone is bound to bid it higher than what I get locally, so maybe I'll never know.

Edited by frank falbo

Hey guys. I just got it for $22.50. Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

What you do is draw the body halves (down the center lines) with the each halve's center line on the long eges of the block. In otherwords, the curves of the treble and bass sides are towards the center of the block while the center lines are toward the outside of the block. With 27" in length, there is MORE than enough room to offset the curves so they almost fit like a puzzle when drawn.

I've done this before and it works fine. It's in the book by Dennis Waring and David Raymond called "Create Your Own Electric Guitar And Bass".

Dave

good job cud. for 4 dollars more i got the 36" piece. i thought that was the one i posted.... or maybe i used my magic or misdirection.. not too sure wat i was thinkin. but yeah. good job, we will have (hopefully) nice axes , and they will be from the same wood. i think its cool cuz i never know what the other wood from that log is used for etc. so itll be good to see someone using the same stuff as me. i dunno if im making sense. just woke up. the joys of a day off...

I have gotten some nice stuff from that seller before but you are right, their shipping is a bitch! On both ocasions it was more than the actual wood. Geuss I got a deal on the lumber then. :D