Cutting Out Neck Without A Bandsaw...

angry_jeremy

Yo,

I'm in the middle of the (interesting) process of trying to cut out my neck without the use of a bandsaw. The neck is a one-piece job with an angled headstock. I managed to hog out the profile (?) by chain drilling on a drill press. Time consuming, but when you have lemons... The next challenge is to cut the shape of the neck and head out. I may be able to get my hands on a jig saw but I'm wondering how to handle the angle on the head and still have the head shape square to it's face (make sense?). I'll try to post a pic later on today of the situation.

B):D

Any way you go about that is going to be difficult. It would've been a LOT easier if you scarf jointed the headstock. Other than that all I can say is good luck. You should probably be able to draw the angle on the neck, hand saw almost to the line, then use a plane to clean it up and get it to the line. Then again, if you don't have a bandsaw, you might not have a suitable handsaw, or a plane.