Seymour Duncan?

hoffmann530

Question: Are you really going to use the middle pickup, or are you just putting it in to put it in?

Try just putting a switch or push-pull pot switch in to split either the JB or the Jazz for single coil mode. You'll get just about the same sound as a Strat middle pickup and it'll save you some coin.

If you really want a solid pickup for the middle, I recommend the SD Classic Stack for Strat. Fine pickup for this application, cheaper and better sounding than the Fender Noiseless, in my opinion.

I totally agree with Crafty on nixing the noiseless. Not very impressive. I would put SOMETHING in the middle. Maybe another bridge-position so you will have a different sound to use, even if it sucks. I put a SD 1/4 pound from a Tele in the middle of my Hamer Strat just to fill the hole and find that when I want to be really obnoxious, it fills the bill.

I put a SD 1/4 pound from a Tele in the middle of my Hamer Strat just to fill the hole and find that when I want to be really obnoxious, it fills the bill.

You put a tele bridge pickup in the mid position of your strat copy? How'd you get that to fit? Did you have a "swimming pool" route in that body or something?

Actually, Wes, he was right. The pickup I took out of the Tele turns out to be a SSL-4 which appears to be for a Strat. The pickup you thought I was using in the Hamer/Strat is the one I put back in the Tele when I changed it to a 12-string with a SD cool-rail at the bridge. Absolute WALL of sound on the Tele-12,BTW. See? I am learning these forum terms! At my age! Who'd a thunk it?

NOW A "lol"?

Edited by thedoctor