Anyone Else Hate This Company?

Fluke

Do you think b.c. rich and all those who buy their products are idiots?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, Why is very one i want to kill already dead (assuming thats who that is). BTW I didnt mean that litterally. See I knew this one complete dumbass and he turned me against them with his crazy obsesion. And they just seem way to "look at me! I'm a dangerous bad ass, Weee!!" but its just because the afore mentioned

I'll seek therapy

Ya you do that :D man I just bought a WARLOCK off ebay so that I can get a feal for the design and build my own, to tell the Truth I like B.C Rich for there past work YA know 80's gear :D not what there doing now I have heard that

B.C Rich stole the beast design :D I have even heard that Bernie Rico junior has stolen a few designs now that's the $hit that realy pisses me off

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Actually, the RD was made to compete B.C. Rich because they were a major rival of Gibson. btw, I just like the body and style, never played one. but alot of people like them, alot of people like bc rich, opinions are like assholes, everyones got em and they all stink. And I have always liked those mocking-birds, saw one on "Wayne's World" when I was really young. Not a big fan of the warlocks (though the acrylics look cool), but i hate nj beasts. And this thread was not intended to offend.

Edited by Fluke

• 2 weeks later...

don't really know how they sound. I'm not a big fan of the looks tho. I voted no just because I'd be a hipocrate if I didn't b/c I made a warlock style mandolin

jealous much?

all of this "reasoning" just sounds like petty whining based on misinformation.

are you guys aware that there are many different grades of bc rich guitars?i am willing to bet almost all of your "knowledge" is based on the korean imports...not the actual b c rich "flagship" guitars.

you know...the american made customs?damn fine guitars they are too.

don't like the way they sound?you can thank yourselves for that.the reason all these low cost low quality imports from all these brands are even around with all their cheap ass pickups is because you guys refuse to shell out the bucks for a guitar that might be worth playing...

and then you base your opinions of an entire guitar brand on a few lousy imports that were created as starter guitars...

you want a good bc rich?

here you go

http://guitartrader.com/bigimage.icl?pid=5...subsecid%3D1181

unclench the wallet and buy the best a guitar brand has to offer before deciding to critisize the quality of them.

you WILL NOT EVER find a guitar of the quality of that one for the prices you guys can pay.

if you ever want a truly great guitar of any brand,you will have to pay at least $1000...and that would be a steal.

i know what you guys are thinking.."my $300 ibanez plays as good as that one!"

no it does not....otherwise nobody would ever buy a jem or a les paul.

i have been on a search for years for a great low cost guitar...it just does not happen.too many corners have to be cut to get that guitar to that price range

jealous much?

don't like the way they sound?you can thank yourselves for that.the reason all these low cost low quality imports from all these brands are even around with all their cheap ass pickups is because you guys refuse to shell out the bucks for a guitar that might be worth playing...

... you WILL NOT EVER find a guitar of the quality of that one for the prices you guys can pay.

if you ever want a truly great guitar of any brand,you will have to pay at least $1000...and that would be a steal.

i have been on a search for years for a great low cost guitar...it just does not happen.too many corners have to be cut to get that guitar to that price range

Talk about a generalization. You criticize people for knocking other people, and you just insulted everyone on the forum. I don't post when I'm angry so I'll go and let someone else with a cooler head respond here.

jealous much?

... you WILL NOT EVER find a guitar of the quality of that one for the prices you guys can pay.

Talk about a generalization. You criticize people for knocking other people, and you just insulted everyone on the forum. I don't post when I'm angry so I'll go and let someone else with a cooler head respond here.

if you feel insulted even though you have no previous post in this topic,then that is your shortcoming,not mine.

what i wrote was a statement on supply and demand,which is created and controlled by YOU,the consumer.

don't like the facts?too bad.it is no insult to speak the truth

oooohhh your angry over a statement you don't agree with.imagine that :D

or maybe you think it is an insult saying these guys will not pay for quality?well will you?

if you WILL pay what it takes to get quality,then it does not apply to you(of course..duhh..i feel like i am explaing to a child why the sky is blue)

or maybe you think i am talking about guys who build instead of buy?i am not.they (we)are consumers of guitar parts...usually high quality parts.we build becausae we are unhappy with the way the market is being driven.

i am talking about those guys who buy cheap guitars INSTEAD of the higher quality instruments,and then try to convince everyone it is the manufacturers fault that some of those agathis,generic hardware equipped guitars don't sound or play as well as the higher end.you get what you pay for

if you won't save and pay,then you ARE part of the supply and demand forcing lower quality.

i really despise when people pretend to misunderstand my posts just to create drama.want drama?watch jerry springer

Im not talking about any cheap korean import, im talkin about the USA (the supposed best ones) which as i referred to didnt not sound well or feel that nicely made, I could go out and buycouple of these so called 'top of the line' bc rich's but Im not goin to because in my opinion they are not good guitars

But that is my opinion if you like them and of course many people do i really dont care 'each to there own' and all that but just in my opinion there no good

****Edited beacause i started to rant!! lol****

Oh and of course I havent tried the entire bc rich line of products so i cant say there all definatley bad, but from the 4 or 5 I have tried personally didnt like them

Edited by GhO$t

Oh and of course I havent tried the entire bc rich line of products so i cant say there all definatley bad, but from the 4 or 5 I have tried personally didnt like them

that is a fine opinion.i loved the usa bc rich's i played...but there you go.

i do like my gibsons better.i really was speaking to the "they suck because they are pointy and sound bad" crowd.

all well built guitars sound like the woods they were made from and the electronics used...if you like a les paul's sound,you would like the bc rich's sound that i linked to.

you might not like the way it feels or hangs..but that is all personal opinion

Devon,i am sorry if i sounded like i was ranting against guitar builders...but it takes an awful large leap of logic to assume that I,a guy who builds,would be anti-building,don't you think?

i think it was a reading comprehension problem on your part...because i see no one else who misunderstood what i said.

and who would know better than me the differences in quality between these different price groups?i tried for years to find cheap prices with great quality,only to find it does not exist.if it is cheap,there is a reason for it.

pay $300,expect a $300 guitar.

everyone who has built a guitar knows you cannot build a quality guitar at your own home for that money.add in labor prices and company overhead and you will see that a guitar that costs you $300 actually only cost the company that built it $150 or less.

so how great do you think that guitar is really going to be?

It's all good. I was coasting on 3 hours of sleep, so that probably had something to do with it, too. I get defensive about being called cheap very quickly and I misunderstood who you were addressing. I'd say the biggest reason I get defensive is because most players that see I build my guitars (well it's about 50/50 I guess, but most of the production guitars are beaters) assume it's because I am too miserly to pay for a decent guitar. I've owned an LP custom, but sold it to fund projects on my own. Of course, most of the time as soon as they pick up my guitars they see why I prefer my own.

I've personally never played any BC Rich, so I really can't comment intelligently. I voted no, because I don't hate them. That's not to say I like them, though. Like Wes said, every 300 dollar guitar is going to sound like 300 dollars. I think it's possible to build a good quality guitar for 300 bucks (obviously you can't with 150), it just has to be utilitarian. If you use readily available inexpensive woods (basically anything that's not figured or exotic) and lower quality paint you can still have a quality players guitar. Now if you factor in tools there's no way :D

look... i got a Spector NS-6c guitar... 87'-90' guitar.... pretty rare guitar but it was cheap. its bascally the bolt on equivalent of other neck thru guitars (would-ve loved a neck thru one!!!!)

http://www.spectorbass.com/images/modelhis..._gtr_kramer.jpg

just the same as that except is flat body and bolt on... (and white... lol)

sold $549 at the time...

still, it is plain and simply the best playing guitar i've tryed. just love it... nice floyd rose, some Spector pickups(and one humbucker) that are very good. a floyd rose...

so where have they "cut corners"

only in the bolt on neck. (and the very same guitar but neck thru sold for 100$ more)

now come on... im sorry but if you're not paying for a name you pay MUCH less...

(i mean... a 2000$ gibson/fender is as good as a 1000$ guitar from another compagny...)

oh and to stay on topic... ive heard a warlock, no idea what grade, but the sound was just crappy. Plain and simple. I don't think it was a too cheap one either...

Edited by westhemann

B.C. Rich as a company, well it has changed management and had it's name licensed to other companys over the years. To even imply that Bernardo Rico a second generation Luthier (who was building acoustics in the 50s) and classical guitarist, didn't know how to build a great guitar is silly. B.C. Rich under Bernardo Rico as a company pioneered; neck-thru design( "heal-less"),onboard active pre amps, cool 10-string models. Their models used fine quality wood; Mahogany, Koa, Walnut, not to mention highly figured maples. They offered plenty of electronics control options. Bad Ass bridges (great sustain). He had Wayne Charvel build necks for his bolt on models ( I would doubt Wayne was a second rate neck builder in the early 80's).

I am assuming you have not been playing or looking at B.C, Rich models from made in the 70's or early 80's. This is when the name was made and the craftsman was at the helm. If you are judging every guitar made under the B.C. Rich name by the cheaper models made by Cort or even mid 80's NJ (Nagoya Japan) models well ok. That would mean every Fender, Guild, Kramer, Charvel, Jackson and so on... ever built was a piece of junk.

IMO- Bernardo Rico deserves respect for his acomplishments, and the fine guitars and inovations he left behind. The comments you made about him and the guitars he built, were thoughtless.

Have a nice day :D ,Rich