Anyone Else Hate This Company?

Fluke

Do you think b.c. rich and all those who buy their products are idiots?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have been on a search for years for a great low cost guitar...it just does not happen.too many corners have to be cut to get that guitar to that price range

look... i got a Spector NS-6c guitar... 87'-90' guitar.... pretty rare guitar but it was cheap. its bascally the bolt on equivalent of other neck thru guitars (would-ve loved a neck thru one!!!!)

http://www.spectorbass.com/images/modelhis..._gtr_kramer.jpg

just the same as that except is flat body and bolt on... (and white... lol)

sold $549 at the time...

still, it is plain and simply the best playing guitar i've tryed. just love it... nice floyd rose, some Spector pickups(and one humbucker) that are very good. a floyd rose...

so where have they "cut corners"

only in the bolt on neck. (and the very same guitar but neck thru sold for 100$ more)

now come on... im sorry but if you're not paying for a name you pay MUCH less...

(i mean... a 2000$ gibson/fender is as good as a 1000$ guitar from another compagny...)

oh and to stay on topic... ive heard a warlock, no idea what grade, but the sound was just crappy. Plain and simple. I don't think it was a too cheap one either...

do i really have to explain money to you?i notice a top of the line spector guitar goes for $2700.

i guess you think they just price some more expensively than others for no reason :D

tell you what.retailed for $549?

well you build it then.give yourself $1 an hour for labor and don't go over a budget of about $200...because TOPS that is what they spent(probably much less)

then tell me how great it is

oh and to stay on topic... ive heard a warlock, no idea what grade, but the sound was just crappy. Plain and simple. I don't think it was a too cheap one either...

you have "no idea" what grade it is but you don't "think it was a too cheap one"?

oh your knowledge inspires me :D

well guess what?i actually OWN an nj warlock..and it sounds EXACTLY like any other mahogany bodied guitar with a maple bolt on neck and a floyd.

but it is an import.just like that cheap spector.and they DID cut corners.most noticeably in finishing and fit.

when someone tells me a guitar sounds bad because of the brand name or because of the "pointyness"...i just laugh

oh.by the way. a $1000 gibson also plays and sounds as good as a $2000 gibson.in those cases you are paying for extras like binding,better finish,etc.

NOT the brand name.gibsons cost more because the labor is american,and they get paid an honest american wage.

want a cheaper,import gibson?ever hear of epiphone?

as long as you are comparing cheaper imports to american made gibsons,why don't you at least make the logical comparison

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of sound, I had the extreme pleasure of hearing one of the 'expensive' BC Riches on Monday night.

I saw the Velvet Revolver (Slash's new band, for those not in the know), and he opened the show with a BC Rich.

I have to say, I thought the tone of that guitar was magnificent. I thought that this was the best tone he had all night, even though he used many, many Les Pauls as well.

I prefer a 'traditional' looking guitar myself, but I have to say, that BC Rich had an amazing tone, which I must admit, surprised me greatly.

Cheers all,

Luke

Edited by LukeR

- the imported BC Rich guitars did their jobs - they got people into guitar at a decent price with a half decent guitar. The USA BC Rich guitars are, in my opinion, absolutely beautiful machines. I managed to lay my hands on a USA made Gunslinger years back and it was one of the easiest playing, best sounding guitars i'd ever played.

Edited by Canuck Brian

I had an import Warlock as my only guitar for 6 years.I think I got my moneys worth.Only $300.I played and play thrash.That $300 guitar got me the sound I wanted.I could have went and spent 2G's on some custom shop whatever that would have come with all the bells and whistles and improved the sound I was looking for by 1%.Or I could take my "cheap"Warlock and put in some EMGs or a XL-500 and take all the money I saved and buy a nice amp.

It's all about what you need,expect,want,and can afford. :D

i hate them because the design doesnt appeal to me at all! i think the headstocks suck major! the bodies are poor shapes, and i would never own one....

HOWEVER -

the ones i have played, played well. they are as good as any other - the stock pickups 9on a cheap model) actually sounded nice through a mesa. the workmanship was ok for the price - just the pup cavaties were a little amis i thought. but it played well, pity about the bodies. one other thing was that the pup selector switch wasnt good, again a cheap one.

guitars i am NOT impressed with atm are the ESP LTD series. i played a LTD explorer the other day, and i was insulted by the quality, please ESP do yourself some justice!

Mike

the problem is that the wood agathis is not a usual guitar wood

i say if you can buy alder fender shapes for 140euro in europe why they have to use agathis in 400-500euro guitars? they are overpricing a lot only for the body shape, and they even use crappy electronics-hardware

suggestions for the ppl in bcrich

stop overcharging for asian models, do some guitars series with your killer designs with these specs

alder bodies

24 frets necks

string thru tuneomatics bridges

put at least seymour or dimarzio licensed electronics if not better

and dont price they more than final price 300-350?

see what specs are using others builders like esp (the ltd 400 series are very nice) or jackson (the js30 series seems good too)

and begin promoting grind, black, death bands, they are your final market

Edited by Tezifon

afaik agathis is a synthesised wood.

it would be cool to see such spec on such a cheap guitar, but be realistic, th company would never do this - they pay guys to work out what turns out the highest overall profit, so that means weighing construction techniques against the market. etc...

The new BC Rich NJ's have mahogany bodies and ebony fretboards, agathis is only used on the lowest quality guitars. I think that BC Rich imports are a damn fine bang for the buck,a nd judging BC Riches from imports is stupid, they were the best guitars out there for a while, they are all carefully handmade with the best woods available, right now, I feel that BC Rich is dead, which i think is very sad, cuz I love their designs, but that's why we have Moser Custom shop :D anyways, i can understand you don't dig the shapes, they're not for everybody, but do yourself a favor and play a USA made neck thru Bc Rich, any model you want, or even better, a vintage 70's or 80's bc rich

I think bc rich guitars are pretty decent for the money, I haven't played many of them though. I know this is a little off subject, but it reminds me of a funny story:

When i was about 16, my mom was trying to convince me to play in the church band. I hated church, so I told her that the only way I would do it is if she bought me the acrylic red warlock and let me play it on stage.

She declined and let the subject go.

PS- I'm still tempted to buy a 7 string warlock and bring it to a jazz gig.

Yeah.. save your judgement for Bernie Rico.. From what I understand he was a brilliant builder and is just as much an icon in the the development of the rock n roll guitar as wayne charvel and grover jackson.. I personally don't like the designs but that isn't my style of music. And just like any other big company, They have been forced to go overseas for construction to keep costs down, so their quality has suffered.. but they fill a void in the market because most everyone else quit designing edgy looking guitars. Whe a Z or a V won't cut it.. BC Rich is there with all kinds of painful looking designs.

Can't say if i like or dislike BC RICH guitars..im an Ibanez man...why mess with perfection lol

<Chappelle as Rick Jaymes>

What did the five fingers say to the face? SSSLLLAAAPP!!

</Chappelle as Rick Jaymes>

Edited by crafty

• 2 months later...

I think original BC Rich designs were pretty special...certainly original...I don't personally like that type of guitar but I do admire the Mockingbird...and the number of switches...got to love that...

Ibanez...I really love the original Korina Iceman...that could have been a classic design if it hadn't been taken over by the KISS army :D

Yeah.. save your judgement for Bernie Rico.. From what I understand he was a brilliant builder and is just as much an icon in the the development of the rock n roll guitar as wayne charvel and grover jackson..  I personally don't like the designs but that isn't my style of music.  And just like any other big company, They have been forced to go overseas for construction to keep costs down, so their quality has suffered.. but they fill a void in the market because most everyone else quit designing edgy looking guitars.  Whe a Z or a V won't cut it.. BC Rich is there with all kinds of painful looking designs.

actually for those not in the "know" bernie never actually built any of the guitars, that is a common misconception, he had a wood shop where several mexican luthiers built his guitars for him, he never built any guitars to my knowlege, for those of you who care to know i urge you to go to neal mosers website and read as much of it as you can, specifically this thread http://mcs.acidpit.org/viewtopic.php?t=3172 there is not a lot of information on the history of bc rich, so having neal there to answer questions is really cool, after all he did design the rich bich and scythe (also known as virgin to some of you) as well as perform many of the final setups on bc riches during the early 80's

actually for those not in the "know" bernie never actually built any of the guitars,

i am sure he knows how to build them..and he probably has built a few.but of course when he started running a business he would hire people.

someone has to tell those luthiers how he wants it done

:D This is silly! For the record, before Neal Moser, before the Seagull, even before Woodstock, Bernardo Chavez Rico was building guitars in East LA. In other words, he was a Mexican luthier (3rd generation as a matter of fact) - sure, he didn't build every US BC Rich ever made, any more than Paul Reed Smith built every PRS production model, but saying he "...never actually built any of the guitars..." is both misleading and misinformed. He started building in his father's shop in his early teens, and didn't start building solid body guitars until 1967 or '68. There are several hundred '60s acoustics bearing his name that testify to his abilities as a builder. Of course he wasn't building everything himself in 1989 - is anyone under the impression that Zachary Vex is still assembling and hand-painting each Z'Vex pedal that's produced today? :D

Bernie Rico was an inspired luthier and to my mind was at the forefront of late 70's early 80's design, lets face it, at the time there was very little else going on. The fact that the BC Rich name has found it's way onto imported guitars is no worse than anyone else doing it and as for design, well again lets face it, you'll either love 'em or hate 'em, they're not like a poncy PRS where you could play anything from a jazz gig to a thrash metal gig and no one would blink an eye at.

Jem

Oh, just to add:

Ibanez...I really love the original Korina Iceman...that could have been a classic design if it hadn't been taken over by the KISS army

One of the few guitars i wish i hadn't sold, especially now when i realise how rare it was...DOH !

Meh, it's all just personal preference right?  Love em' or hate em', they're here to stay.  In conclusion...

whocares.jpg

Cheers!,

G

yeah...it's a moo point...like a cow's opinion...it really just doesn't matter

The fact that the BC Rich name has found it's way onto imported guitars is no worse than anyone else doing it

just so you guys know...neal moser is also offering an import line...it is very common.

he says on his site that the sample model of his they sent to him was very good quality..i think really it is up to him to thoroughly inspect each import before selling it.

sure the REAL ones might be good quality, but they still look horrid.

at least they have more style than a strat,explorer,sg,or les paul

You like style eh?

It's a natural thing about me... I just like simple stuff. and in my opinion I don't like pointy black guitars.

It's all opinion

:D

sure the REAL ones might be good quality, but they still look horrid.

at least they have more style than a strat,explorer,sg,or les paul

You like style eh?

It's a natural thing about me... I just like simple stuff. and in my opinion I don't like pointy black guitars.

It's all opinion

B)

so make yourself a bunch of bo diddley guitars and leave me and my pointy guitars out of it :D

I just like simple stuff

so you must be a fan of nirvana :D