Completely Off-topic Poll

Fluke

Should marijuana be legalized/Decriminalized for personal use  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never smoked up personally, but I've done essays on the topic for school. There's no reason for it to be illegal, and think of the phat tax we can get on the stuff.

I'm looking forward to the Martin government actually getting the pot deciminalization bill passed... not holding my breath for it though.

I won't go into much detail, but I say NO! Last thing you want is a freaking high asswipe at the wheel of a car running in the streets, is bad enough with the idiots that drink and drive to have more idiots driving high, and then what, are they going to "blow" to see if they are legaly intoxicated, pplleeaassee!!!

I'm big againt drugs, unless they enhance your performance like dietetic supplements, and even those are getting banned in the states (ephedra anyone). Leave it illegal and make punishment harsher for even 1st time users.

I won't go into much detail, but I say NO!  Last thing you want is a freaking high asswipe at the wheel of a car running in the streets, is bad enough with the idiots that drink and drive to have more idiots driving high, and then what, are they going to "blow" to see if they are legaly intoxicated,  pplleeaassee!!!

I'm big againt drugs, unless they enhance your performance like dietetic supplements, and even those are getting banned in the states (ephedra anyone). Leave it illegal and make punishment harsher for even 1st time users.

While that may be true, when you smoke weed, its not like you are seeing things, you just feel high. But thats a very good point.

Edited by AlGeeEater

I won't go into much detail, but I say NO!  Last thing you want is a freaking high asswipe at the wheel of a car running in the streets, is bad enough with the idiots that drink and drive to have more idiots driving high, and then what, are they going to "blow" to see if they are legaly intoxicated,  pplleeaassee!!!

Ban alcohol aswell then

Weed is weed.

Smoke is smoke.

Hash is hash.

Grain Alcohol is Grain Alcohol, even in the Kentucky Coal Mines.

A Bugle Boy is a Bugle Boy.

A roach is a roach

And A Facemask Full of Cyanuric Acid Fumes is Still A Facemask full of Cyanuric Acid Fumes.

So what's the point?

Why not legalize it? How many times do you hear that such and such was killed by a driver that was stoned? You hear about people being killed by drunk drivers more then anything, or meth labs that blow up.

I used to smoke pot, hell I've tried just about everything there is to try, but I haven't touched any controlled substance in a little over 3 years now, and I haven't drank alcohol in over 6 months.

Now there are pros and cons that go along with everything. Some people think it shouldn't be legalized others think the opposite. To each his own in my opinion. But if it's going to happen it's going to happen. Right?

In my opinion if it is legalized they should at least put an age limit on it much like that of alcohol. Granted it's not going to stop underaged people from doing it, but they haven't managed to stop minors from drinking either have they?

I think it's eventually going to happen, but I also think it's going to be highly controlled, or at least it should be for that matter.

I won't go into much detail, but I say NO! Last thing you want is a freaking high asswipe at the wheel of a car running in the streets, is bad enough with the idiots that drink and drive to have more idiots driving high, and then what, are they going to "blow" to see if they are legaly intoxicated, pplleeaassee!!!

Alright, people driving stoned would be alot better then people driving drunk. Have you ever been around someone that was stoned? How about rode with someone stoned? I can honestly say that I would rather someone drive stoned then drunk. At least when you're stoned you have more control over your actions. This is just my opinion, and I'm going to stop right now, because if I don't I'll be typing all night. :D

Edited by Lizard_King

Canabis has the effects of alcohol with the dangers of smoking tobaco, so thats why it has to be illegal

I have to disagree with that statement. Danger does not lie inherently in a drug or its use, but its irresponsible use. Arguing that marijuana should be illegal because it raises the risks of people driving while on it is like arguing that books should be illegal because you might try to drive and read at the same time! There is nothing in the very nature of marijuana that makes people want to act irresponsibly while on it.

What we need is a way to punish the irresponsible users while leaving responsible users alone. Blanket laws like those we have now only do this insofar as the irresponsible users tend to get caught more often for doing stupid stuff. Legalizing it while greatly increasing enforcement and punishment of any subsequent crimes (DWI etc.) would allow for its safe and responsible use (which happens already but is punished) while eliminating irresponsible use (which happens already but needs to be more severely punished).

I could go into the benefits of industrial hemp and medical cannabinoids apart from the intoxicating effects, but that could get very messy. Let it suffice to say that this plant could entirely replace synthetic fibre in clothes and tree pulp paper, and even possibly fossil fuels, safely and ecologically, while meanwhile successfully treating side effects of chemotherapy, glaucoma, and anorexia. Can any other single plant do that?

Canabis has the effects of alcohol with the dangers of smoking tobaco, so thats why it has to be illegal

I have to disagree with that statement. Danger does not lie inherently in a drug or its use, but its irresponsible use. Arguing that marijuana should be illegal because it raises the risks of people driving while on it is like arguing that books should be illegal because you might try to drive and read at the same time! There is nothing in the very nature of marijuana that makes people want to act irresponsibly while on it.

What we need is a way to punish the irresponsible users while leaving responsible users alone. Blanket laws like those we have now only do this insofar as the irresponsible users tend to get caught more often for doing stupid stuff. Legalizing it while greatly increasing enforcement and punishment of any subsequent crimes (DWI etc.) would allow for its safe and responsible use (which happens already but is punished) while eliminating irresponsible use (which happens already but needs to be more severely punished).

I could go into the benefits of industrial hemp and medical cannabinoids apart from the intoxicating effects, but that could get very messy. Let it suffice to say that this plant could entirely replace synthetic fibre in clothes and tree pulp paper, and even possibly fossil fuels, safely and ecologically, while meanwhile successfully treating side effects of chemotherapy, glaucoma, and anorexia. Can any other single plant do that?

I disagree with it too, well it does have similar effects to alcohol, last time i checked thats legal, and the same heath risks as tobaco, last time i checked they were legal too.

I was an alcoholic... and I still struggle with that monster. It totally screwed up my life.

I smoked pot, kicked back, and was happy. No problem. Until kids started shooting each other over something as small as a Nickel bag. Of course, back when I started, a Nickel only cost $5, hence the name... and the lack of concern. When I stopped, the prices were rising, and it is now to the point where a Nickel bag is worth so much that people would rather loose their wallet... hence the sometimes violent confrontations over dope deals.

If it could be like it was oh so many years ago, I would vote to legalize it.

But then again, maybe legalization would increase the supply, driving the resale price down to the point where people just kicked back with a joint and some good friends and worried about more important things... like where they lost their wallet.

On a somewhat related note, a 20-something rich-kid in a Porsche SUV-thing tried to cut me off the other day. (I drive an old Volvo... built like a tank.) I hit the gas and threatened to ram his ride. He backed off for a little while, but pulled up beside me later at a stoplight. He rolled down his window and cursed at me... then he called me a hippie.

I said "Yeah... so what's your point?"

D~s

Well I must say I'm very happy with most of these responses. But: It doesnt have the bad affects of ciggs; they say "a joint has as much tar as 4 cigarettes." Who cares? tar doesnt cause cancer, the radio-active material the secretely put in the cigaretts does! also its abosolutly NOTHING like alcohol, people i know drive stoned all the time, because it doesnt impair motor skills in most people (though it does for me, and in exceptions like that I advise not to drive) but I would use tools to build guitars while high. Anyway, thank you for your votes and posts; Keep em comin'

-Fluke

Edited by Fluke

Ya know I had alot troble with drugs in my past so I can't condone me ever useing any drug again since the fact is that the stuff is illegal and that may change and it may not you never know but if you think about it realy who cares if it's legal or not? if people want it they will get it and there's no changeing that!!

Hear's a cool info link, http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/marijuana.html

If you think this stuff is harmless take a look and make up your own mind :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

You can accuse me of being a paranoid subversive, but show me a study without .gov or government sponsorship attached and I'll be more open to believing it.

tar doesnt cause cancer, the radio-active material the secretely put in the cigaretts does!

Uhm... wrong. Tar causes cancer, but then again red meat causes heart disease and alcohol destroys your liver. The trick is, everything in moderation.

I recall a study that showed that, to a point, marijuana does not decrease reaction time or judgment in driving tests when compared to alcohol. I admit that this varies greatly depending on the amount of drug ingested, but still, it proves a valuable point. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Ya I kinda thought of that one after I posted it but It could be hard to find any study on pot that does not make it sound the way that someone want's it to

the Gove said it's bad :D

the pot head's said it's good :D

we needa neutral point of view B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Found that neutral point of view:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth12.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cann...research1.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cann..._driving4.shtml

These are from the Vaults of Erowid, a non-anti-drug website (neutral to the issue; does not support or discourage anything; just the facts).

The first is an extensively researched FAQ (just look at the footnotes!), the second is University of Sydney research, and the third is NHTSA-sponsored study. All were done with qualitative recreational doses, in a controlled environment.

Found that neutral point of view:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth12.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cann...research1.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cann..._driving4.shtml

These are from the Vaults of Erowid, a non-anti-drug website (neutral to the issue; does not support or discourage anything; just the facts).

The first is an extensively researched FAQ (just look at the footnotes!), the second is University of Sydney research, and the third is NHTSA-sponsored study. All were done with qualitative recreational doses, in a controlled environment.

Very very good info in there man it seem's to be based on real study's

and it's funny how the gove study page is the exat opposite huh I wounder why that is hay :D

and I dont know about any one else but this one realy good to hear :D

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth6.shtml

!!METAL MATT!! B)

erowid is where I found out about the radio active material, which DOES cause most of the cancer were talking about. I could have told you anything you'd care to know about weed (lots of research on erowid over several months). I consider myself a cannaboid expert.

Edited by Fluke