Why Silver Paint?

i just took a guitar apart, and noticed the whole thing was covered in silver paint.

i noticed it before lining the inside if the (electronics compartment) of an ibanez, and figured that it was conductive, something to do with the grounding or something.

then i took apart another guitar, and realised that the whole body is covered inderneath the white finish. even in the neck pocket.

is this something important? some fundamental that i have missed? or am i being stupid?

i just took a guitar apart, and noticed the whole thing was covered in silver paint.

i noticed it before lining the inside if the (electronics compartment) of an ibanez, and figured that it was conductive, something to do with the grounding or something.

then i took apart another guitar, and realised that the whole body is covered inderneath the white finish. even in the neck pocket.

is this something important? some fundamental that i have missed? or am i being stupid?

Shielding ...should have a ground wire connected to it somewhere, too.

--joe