Best Humbucker Under $30

Moreau

The duncan designed or duncan performers (same difference) might be an option for you. The HB-102 is supposedly similar to the JB model. The HB-103 is supposedly similar to the distortion..... I've had the HB-108 which is similar to the Invader. I did get a change to compare those two in the same guitar and they sounded pretty much the same. I just won a set of the HB-103s off ebay that I will put in my PRS project but I haven't actually tried them yet.... You could always go to a guitar place like guitar center and look for guitars with "Duncan Designed" pickups in them to see how they sound..... A lot of Jacksons, Schecters and maybe B.C.Rich guitars have Duncan Designed pickups stock........

Oh yeah, a little tip.... Guitar center jacks the price up on the Duncan Performers but if you go to Musiciansfriend.com they have them on there for $29.99 so you just print out the page of the pickup you want and take it to guitar center and they will price match for you.....

It's kind of stupid actually because Musician's Friend is owned by Guitar center :D

No they don't. Musician's Friend is a different corporation based out of Medford, OR. Guitar Center is based out of SoCal. They are big competitors. Musician's Friend actually bought up all of Mars' leftover inventory after the big bankruptcy, too.

Huh..... Read this:

Guitar Center buys Musician's Friend...............

Edit:

I got a better one. Go to guitarcenter.com and click on "Buy Online".... :D

Edited by Gigabyte

GFS pickups on ebay have all got really good reviews on harmony-central.com, Just search GFS and you'll find a bunch, you can get them under $30 pretty often.

I've bought from GFS a few times--I like the retro look of their pups more than anything else. They sound pretty good too...dunno about their humbuckers. I have one of their mini-humbuckers (the Memphis) that definitely sounds as described, has a really nice jangly ric/gretsch thing.

I also have a set of their Brooklyns, put those in my semi, sound really nice. Before that I had their Dream 90s in there, but I decided I wanted more of a roots-type sound. I'm saving the 90s for another project.

Sometimes the auctions go for much less than the buy it now prices--but sometimes the auctions go for more!

The main thing that keeps me going back to them is their customer service is first-rate.

If you shop around on ebay and get lucky, you can sometimes get a set of Kent armstrong PAF's for about 30 dollars. I got some a while ago, and they sound nearly as good as Seymour duncans. As for GFS pickups, i got one of those for my strat (dual rail 'hotrails' alike) and i have to say, it is possibly the worst pickup i've ever had! But hey... all a matter of taste. Theres always the option of buying 2nd hand duncans/dimarzios off ebay?

I agree with GB - the Duncan Performers are worth a try for around that money. I paid $30 at Guitar Center for a Duncan Performer Buckshot (made to the same specs as the Seymour Duncan Distortion) and I like it. Also, as GB says, Schecter is putting these pups in some pretty nice guitars and you can hear them at Guitar Center among many other places.

well im into alot of hard rock, and sinceim going with only one in the bridge, i was thinging i should go for something hot. I was looking at the mighty mite motherbuckers... they're wound to 21.6 k output. think they will be any good? harmony-central reviews them well. any similar pickups out there? :D