Removing Tun-o-matic And Or Stopbar Stud?

Hey folks. This is my first post in the forum and from what I can see with all of the other topics I'm sure I'll get some good ideas and answers to my question. Anywho...

I am about to refinish a LTD Viper 100 for a friend and was wondering on the best way to take out the studs for the bridge and the stopbar. If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great.

Thanks

Bill

I'm going to be nice because this is on the main site and not here, at least I'm not feeling like looking it here for you, tutorial for trem post, use it the same way for the TOM bushings, and before you go any further, go here and read every tutorial, the answer to your questions lay thereand in the tutorial section of the forum, also by doing a search here!

I'm going to be nice because this is on the main site and not here, at least I'm not feeling like looking it here for you, tutorial for trem post, use it the same way for the TOM bushings, and before you go any further, go here and read every tutorial, the answer to your questions lay thereand in the tutorial section of the forum, also by doing a search here!

Heya Maiden, I always use the search function, or at least I try to--but it really blows, if you ask me. Doesn't seem to handle multiple terms well, and if you don't know the actual vocabulary used for finding info, you lose.

I was looking for information on just this topic, and didn't find the link you gave (thanks for that...). I was wondering about using a soldering iron-- how do you know if the bushing is glued in or not?

WPStanton: not off to a great start, eh? Anyway, StewMac sells a contraption for lifting out bushings, seems like it'd be safer than the tutorial method...I was planning on lifting out the bushings on my Samick Royale in order to install a Bigsby, but I don't want to risk destroying the finish, so I'm thinking of bagging the idea...

Thanks for the info guys. Since I dont care about the finish I went ahead and tried it with the claw end of the hammer. To my surprise the studs came out very easily. I was actually kinda bummed about this because it makes me think that this wasn't helping the guitars tone and sustain if the studs were just floating in the wholes. Oh well. The job has been taken care off and it's time to start taking the old finish off. My first refin,wish me luck.

Thanks again

Bill

idch,

The bushings usualy come out vewry easy, at least easier than you might think. if it is very hard to pull, thne give the soldering iron a try, but it is almost non-necesary, I have taken out a few, the last one my Epi, and they came out very easy.

Oh okay. It's just that I also have an old Morris solid body here, and I can't get the bushings out of it. Though it's likely a previous owner glued them in --the thing was pretty beat up when I got it.

Think I'll give it a try...this guitar (Samick Royale) is just screaming for a Bigsby...

Edited by idch