What Do You Think The Best Acoustic For $2000

Not with guitars. There are so many options. Unless you can't afford it, I don't see anything wrong with buying a lot of what you're passionate about. David sounds like a good option. Plus supporting someone you know is always the best option if you have it :D . I don't know if he'd mind, but you might want to take the price off here, because you don't want everyone expecting the same deal you know?

Not with guitars. There are so many options. Unless you can't afford it, I don't see anything wrong with buying a lot of what you're passionate about. David sounds like a good option. Plus supporting someone you know is always the best option if you have it  :D . I don't know if he'd mind, but you might want to take the price off here, because you don't want everyone expecting the same deal you know?

your right. I never thought about that. Man I'm stupid! Idiotic mistake ammended! Sorry David that was REALLY retarted of me! :DB)

Edited by Godin SD

Depending on the electronics system, you might be better off letting him do it if you've never done one. Some of the acoustic systems have a bit of a learning curve, and it'd be a shame to do anything to damage a guitar you're paying that much for. Again, it's up to you, but I figured since you're posting here you want other opinions.

but I figured since you're posting here you want other opinions.

correct. But I've done acoustic instalations before and it is really easy. I will probally use some bband system and there so easy. I wont even have to drill any holes. Well no I will have to drill one hole for the undersaddle pickup to come through into the body.

that's why i'd go with the b-band bridge plate transducer, or a similar bridgeplate mechanism like the I-beam.. no hole to drill and nothing sitting between your saddle and the bridge.. All youhave to worry about is the endpin hole and he could go ahead and build that so you don't have to do any reaming.. The bridgeplate devices just adhere underneath the bridge in the body and do all their work there.. Doesn't affect your guitar acoustically at all.

ok dude try an ovation and think about me.

now don't be put off by its round plastic back. Not many poeple look past that and buy them but i have a (kinda) cheap import one and its very unique. I very much like there look and sound.

Ovation's Website

i don't know about how costy it is but you MIGHT be able to pick up an Adamas for that price. They have carbon fiber tops... (there the premium line of ovation)

Adamas' Website

please try an adamas for me... always wanted to do so myself but there's no way ill find these here. :D

ok dude try an ovation and think about me.

now don't be put off by its round plastic back. Not many poeple look past that and buy them but i have a (kinda) cheap import one and its very unique. I very much like there look and sound.

Ovation's Website

i don't know about how costy it is but you MIGHT be able to pick up an Adamas for that price. They have carbon fiber tops... (there the premium line of ovation)

Adamas' Website

please try an adamas for me... always wanted to do so myself but there's no way ill find these here. :D

I was thinking of responding but I think I wont due to the fact that I would probally get banned for what I said :D

Ok so just a plain no will do

NO...

lets just say ovation doesent do it for me. B)

Edited by Godin SD

I figured since I am an all acoustic man I would chime in on this one. If I had a few more years experience I would offer to build to build you one, but I don’t want to take and order on something quite so complicated right now.

It will probably be hard to get something to your specs for 2,000, but for 3,000 you might be in business. Going handmade is the only option you have for getting everything you want, besides a good luthier can always create a better sounding guitar than a factory. I also wanted to say that it was NOT dumb of you to want the one perfect guitar and never need to buy another one. If a good handbuilder builds you a guitar with all the wood and binding combinations you want, incredible tone, killer looks, your not likely to ever run across another guitar in a store that you like as much. Here are some websites to a few friends of mine, I’m not sure if they will build a guitar with everything you want or not but you can look into it. They will probably give you some of the best prices out there. Just some more options. :D

Dickey guitars

John How guitars

Wren Guitars

Kragenbrink Guitars

Paul Woolson Guitars

Patriot Guitars

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to weigh in on the issue of an affordable killer guitar. I have been re-voicing acoustic guitars over 20 years, and have done business as Parabolic Brace Works for nine. My work transforms any production guitar into something that goes way beyond most handmade guitars I have seen. In fact, I have re-voiced over a dozen high end guitars, such as Collings and Goodall. I invite you to visit my website www.parabolicbraceworks.com. My price is not cheap ($1200) but if you can find a production guitar you like (I think Larrivees are a good starting place) except for the balance, sustain and volume, for around $2000 (no Ovations, please) you can end up with nothing that $3000 could touch. Dealer/real musician discounts available.

The reason I suggest Larrivees is that they are well made, not scalloped, have basic parabolic bracing, and can be made incredible with my work. I can give you phone numbers of happy customers. All of the Larrivees I have worked on had loud low E and D strings, quiet A and G strings, and average treble, with a few dead frets climbing up the high E string. This is all due to top bracing and bridge shaping, and I can bring all string volumes up to the E and D, and take the whole volume up from there. I can also modify Martin, Gibson, Taylor, or any other production guitar, scalloped or not. I do not scallop braces, and NEVER cut down ones that are. I have seen many guitars ruined by good intentioned scallopers, including two that were compromised by the original builder, after they were returned for improvement!!) If the top has not bowed before I get it, it will not after I am finished.

Just an option.

Scott van Linge

Godin - anyone with sense knows the only way to get a true acoustic sounds is with a line 6 digital electric (300) and a 2700 dollar acoustic emulator.

april fools!

a taylor 614 CE kind of looks good. But I don't know that much about acoustics of that cost.

I like the cort special editions, they're very pretty and sound nice for 650 :D