New Guitar Inlay

Yes, it was cut on a home built CNC. The finish is Tru-Oil.

I'm not sure what you mean about the flat spot. There is a flat spot on the bottom lower half so that there is a flat spot to put the output jack. I used a Electro-Socket, and I don't actually like them on a rounded surface, as I prefer a little flat spot for the socket to rest in. For some reason, when I put an Electro-Socket on a rounded body, it doesn't want to seat fully.

Yes, it was cut on a home built CNC.  The finish is Tru-Oil.

I'm not sure what you mean about the flat spot.  There is a flat spot on the bottom lower half so that there is a flat spot to put the output jack.  I used a Electro-Socket, and I don't actually like them on a rounded surface, as I prefer a little flat spot for the socket to rest in.  For some reason, when I put an Electro-Socket on a rounded body, it doesn't want to seat fully.

Sorry, the inlay was cut on an CNC, the body was cut out on a bandsaw and flush trimmed with a router and pattern bit.

Yes, it was cut on a home built CNC.  The finish is Tru-Oil.

I'm not sure what you mean about the flat spot.  There is a flat spot on the bottom lower half so that there is a flat spot to put the output jack.  I used a Electro-Socket, and I don't actually like them on a rounded surface, as I prefer a little flat spot for the socket to rest in.  For some reason, when I put an Electro-Socket on a rounded body, it doesn't want to seat fully.

That's what I was talking about.

I have seen this done on a few teles, including the 2 that xlr8 got in the inprogress section, but I don't like it that it looks so obvious, if you look here you can see that the line is difinitely there but not as sharp as the one in this guitar. It does look good and to a normal eye is not unappealing, but I would gone for a more subtle approach and maybe french the socket into the wood a bit. I love the inlay, CNC or not very nice clean job.