Paint Stipping

I'm sorry I was busy.

Depends on what you're gonna strip with. Most chemical strippers won't do much more than raise the grain unless you let them sit theer forever. Spread it on let it eat down to the wood and get it off. If you let it soak in a vat overnight it will screw things up. Don't take it to your local furniture dip tank guy. Hand strip it with either a methylene cloride based stripper like Kleen Strip (my favorite) the paste kind, or a citrus based stripper. The latter is less toxic but much slower.

When you strip the neck just be careful and wipe anything that runs onto the fretboard off immediately.

I'm sorry I was busy.

Depends on what you're gonna strip with. Most chemical strippers won't do much more than raise the grain unless you let them sit theer forever. Spread it on let it eat down to the wood and get it off. If you let it soak in a vat overnight it will screw things up. Don't take it to your local furniture dip tank guy. Hand strip it with either a methylene cloride based stripper like Kleen Strip (my favorite) the paste kind, or a citrus based stripper. The latter is less toxic but much slower.

When you strip the neck just be careful and wipe anything that runs onto the fretboard off immediately.