Poll: What Color For My Project Guitar?

What Color Should My First Project Guitar Be?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's going to be tough to pull with natural binding, the contour of the guitar is roung, I voted for blue, because it's my favorite color. THe flame on that top is very subtle, I would stain blue-blue then do a nice burst with blue toned clear over the edge, but not over the mahogany, thne clear the entire guitar. I love to black fill the grain on mahogany and it looks good

Another way could be to tape 1/4" natural binding and then staining. MAke sure that you seal the natural binding realy good to prevent the stain to sweeping in.

I voted for green, it is really my second choice. I think that guitar and combination of woods would look really good natural. The rich natural color of Mahogany will really look great against a nice white curly Maple top, not to mention the fret boards brilliant colors will be set off by a Maple top(its a great combination of wood colors and textures, show em off).Thats just my thought, you could always apply a little thinner and see how it would look if it had a clear finish. It is going to be killer no matter what color you choose, great work!

See ya, Rich