Help Me Identify This Guitar Please!

That's a pretty interesting piece. I would guess mid to early 80s.. Japan made (which was awfully good stuff.. ) Like Scott said.. if it's a name brand you'll see the name on the bridge. A lot of folks tried to improve on the trem in the 80s.

The Floyd and the Kahler were the top of the heap, in that order.. but there were a lot of non locking bridges too that were generic. I'd say that's all it is. Hard to see the detail but it looks like a regular trem with fine adjustment knobs on it.

Foundationally though i bet it's a great guitar and you could probably put a floyd on it if you wanted too..

The guitar is a copy of one of Charvel's models.. EVH had an ibanez destroyer that he cut up so it was a cross between an explorer and a V, and I think that is what became charvels design basis for what he now calls the "star". Cool guitar. I'd certainly snag it if the price is right.

to get or not to get...hm....

cuz my main guitar is busted, and my other i dont feel like playin (its a dime culprit and im gonna try to keep it mint for years so it wont see major use) so i need something decent to hold me off for the next bit till im back on my feet

to get or not to get...hm....

cuz my main guitar is busted, and my other i dont feel like playin (its a dime culprit and im gonna try to keep it mint for years so it wont see major use) so i need something decent to hold me off for the next bit till im back on my feet

Would it be cheaper to fix your main guitar? That one was up to 115 with a couple days to go so i would predict it'll go for 250 or so. Depending on what's busted on your main guitar, you might be better off fixing.

Aah.. been there dne that. I got my check in about 2 weeks.. maybe a little less. At first they blamed it on me and said no refund because they had inspected my package.. I called the lady and told her there was no way they had inspected my package because the package was shipped straight back to me.. and she said "ok, we'll get a check out to you" so stand up for yourself if they give you grief.

Aah.. been there dne that.  I got my check in about 2 weeks.. maybe a little less.  At first they blamed it on me and said no refund because they had inspected my package.. I called the lady and told her there was no way they had inspected my package because the package was shipped straight back to me.. and she said "ok, we'll get a check out to you"  so stand up for yourself if they give you grief.

been two months and counting and still no money. i keep trying. at one point the guy threatening to hang up on me and refused to transfer me to his supervisor. on another, after recieving info from them that i had to send all the info to them again, i called and they said there was something insuffient about the pictures (all 12 apparently...) but they couldnt say what cuz they didnt even know. they never sent anyone to check out the damaged goods either, just kept saying they would call me back and each time i called tehy said they would call within a week..

so i got a full formal and legal letter of complaint written up and sent into them all post dated if i have to take them to claims court. they still have not replied to my letters (sent 3 weeks ago)

this ones gonna get nasty