Trying To Find A Pickup

stiggz

sorry about being so vague, i have no idea about the maker, there are no distinctive marks or symbols etc (except the twin pole-peice bobins) i got it from my the music shop where i used to work, i remember some 1 saying somthing about jackson, but my memory could be playin tricks on me

kinda not what your talking about but kinda is. I have a dual screwish humbucker from a Quest Atak 1. it has twelve kinda polepeice screw combos, they're basically a threaded cylender with a spot to shove an allan key in the top. hope that helps somewhat

I think he meant that both coils are slugged instead of slug/screw like on most humbuckers.

Gibson is using double-slug 498 and 500 pickups on the Voodoo series guitars, but they have black and red bobbins. I'd just measure out the DC resistance and see if you can find a pickup that will match up to it pretty well. You can even have Seymour Duncan custom build a matching double-slug pickup for you in the custom shop if you send them the pup you have now.

I saw some Gibsons with a pickup like that but I think he is right about dem being Jacksons. I rewired a batch of Jackson JH-2s that had not-slotted polepieces. Took me a while to figure out what way you would put them back in. They ain't "hot" but they have a crisp sound you don't normally get on a neck pickup. Still got a couple of the rewires here if you want to try one. Strictly 4-wire SWSP. I like bluesy calm pickups but these are a little clean even for me. BTW, all the ones I have sitting around have NP replaced with slotted poles. Thought you might be going for a "look" thing.