Emg Batteries

selmac

so on the emg site it says that while the emg actives work with one nine volt they work better with 2 wired togetherin series for 18v I was wondering how much of a difference it makes?

Lovecraft answered your question so I wish to complicate your life. If this is NOT on a bass(already tried this) put both batteries in with a toggle to switch from 9 to 18 volts on-the-fly. Play the crap out of it for a while with every possible scenerio you can think of and see if the lowered headroom is a desirable thing on a 6 or 7 string guitar (non-bass). Its quite possible that it is but it doesn't work at all on basses. Been there, done that. Inquiring minds want to know.

well I wired it up for 18v and it sounded sweet. mind you this is in a solidbody mandolin not a guitar so I can't really tell how superior 18v is.

lol, i heard a rumour that if you hook up about 100 batteries to your guitar, it'll improve the sustain, and the emgs beyond belief. Perhaps an Ed Roman rant, or me just wanting to tick off crafty so he has to drill more holes in his strat? :D

I'm told it's pretty sweet. If you don't know how to do it, here's a tutorial on it.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mgollihur/emgmod.html

-Jamie

What I was saying is, I don't know if the lowered headroom (dynamic range) of 9 volts is a desirable thang on a guitar. It fer sure ain't on a bass! A switch to go from 9 to 18 volts on a non-bass might be a GOOD thing! I never tried it on an EMG-equipped non-bass. Clipping of the output signal because of low DR is VERY bad on a bass. Could be very cool on a non-bass, Another switch!! More stuff! You don't have it and I do!! Ya know? Nothin ventured, nothin gained (pun intended).

You really CAN cram a lot of crap in a standard Tele's control channel. It almost becomes a game at a certain point. I think someone should start a post topic on the most crap stuffed in a Tele and another on the ugliest guitar. I am SURE to win at least one medal!