Watever Happend Jason....

stiggz

what ever happend to jason lollar's book, i been hearing great things about it, and peeps are sayin you should get it, it has a lot of good material, but i go a hunting for it only to find it has been discontinued!!! any one seen it about on Evilbay? or have it and no longer want it??

thanks

luke

Guess I got it just in time! Sorry to hear, bro. MIMF says that it's just out-of-print and to check at a later date. I'm assuming it'd mean he either sold all of that batch and is going to need time to print more, maybe not having the funds either, but I'm not drawing a conclusion, that's how rumors get started. Trust me, I know how much rumors can hurt a person from personal experience... :D

There was a thread on the Pickup Maker forum about this a few months ago:

http://www.firebottle.com/fireforum/fireBB...m=pmgd&enter=go

Scroll down a ways. Jason, who is on that site fairly often, never responded, but others said he just let the book lapse w/o the intention to do more. maybe you can find a used copy or get your library to find a copy. I am keeping my copy.

Jason has been putting out the book for about 8 years and although it was fun and many copies were sold, he has decided not to keep it in print. It apparently interferes with his main love, which is making pickups.

Stewart Macdonald have a few copies for sale I believe.

I have the book (wont sell it though) and its a beauty. Well worth having.

:D

Jason has been putting out the book for about 8 years and although it was fun and many copies were sold, he has decided not to keep it in print. It apparently interferes with his main love, which is making pickups.

Stewart Macdonald have a few copies for sale I believe.

I have the book (wont sell it though) and its a beauty. Well worth having.

:D

I think I should e-mail Jason about maybe making an e-book and selling it right off his website, since he already has a store front there. Why didn't I think about that?!?!?!

He put that book out before his own pkps got any kind of name recognition, and now that his pkps have gotten a hot name, why would you give the competition a leg up?

Just thinking out loud. Simple economics.

That's was a thought of mine, too.

BTW, No I don't, but my ex-girlfriend does! :D

I have communicated with Jason re his book and here is his reply to a request for a new edition and/or a digital version:

"We're not sure, Jason is pretty buried and just hasn't had time to work on

a new edition."

"we dont want it to be released as a digitized format."

Keith

I totally understand - once it's in digital format, there'll be pirated copies circulating within 48 hours! It's funny how people who wouldn't even think of photocopying a hard copy book will send an E-book with the same content and value to 10,000 of their closest friends without any qualms. :D

I bought Jason's book and was pretty disapointed. I was expecting to get all the answers i'll ever need about pickup building in this book, just like everyone on the pickup maker's forum keep telling all the newbies there... but it just ain't there.

This book is just a very long plan on how to build a winder and it's got just a couple of pages on the pickup building part.

There's nothing there that can't be found by just googling a little bit.

Edited by Phil Mailloux

I think his main focus was to show people how to make the winders and to just give you a brief overview of how to wind a pickup. There are a lot of places on the net where for free you can learn more about winding pickups. There's even some websites that tell you what the winding specs are on a lot of the popular models.

I bought Jason's book and was pretty disapointed. I was expecting to get all the answers i'll ever need about pickup building in this book, just like everyone on the pickup maker's forum keep telling all the newbies there... but it just ain't there.

This book is just a very long plan on how to build a winder and it's got just a couple of pages on the pickup building part.

There's nothing there that can't be found by just googling a little bit.

I second this. None of the info in Jason's book is really that helpful.

This is the best site I've seen on the topic, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/skgs/sk/winding.htm

I definetely have used SK's site as a reference in my research!

"In keeping with my no BS rule, I am going to tell you my pickups are OVER PRICED... That's right, I said it....my pickups are too expensive for what they are. The simple fact is they are JUST PICKUPS. Most of the marketing BS out there is pure "VODOO". That's not to say there isn't some "vodoo" in making pickups, the question is which do you need, if any."

That's a lesson too many of us still need to learn! :D

Edited by Kyle Cavanaugh