Bigsby Again

Alright, bringing the ol' topic up again. I found a nameless copy of a bigsby B5. It's pretty cheap but how low can the quality go? Would too cheap of a vibrato result in going out of tune, etc?

-------------

Jimbo

I don't think there are 50 factories making these things...they probably all come from the same place that's making the licensed version anyway.

I put a clone on my tele clone and had no tuning issues. I don't think it'd be the bigsby giving problems anyway, that'd be more the fault of the nut/tuners/string trees.

Yea but maybe the cheapest ones use different materials that would bend with temperature and time. :D

I guess not.

-----------

Jimbo

Anyway, as I mentioned before, by the time I got done paying for the shipping for the bigsby clone, I might as well have bought a licensed B50 from a different dealer--would have cost me $15 more, but I'd have that nice-looking 'Bigsby' on there...and there'd be no questions about the quality.

Yea, B50 is about 100 bucks. That's cheap. But I found alot cheaper clone. I won't reveal the source until I got it tight in my little greedy hands. :D

Actually I'm just surfing around on the well-known online fleamarket for some good offers. If you see a user named "taaviaudio" bidding, please don't ruin it for me. :D

-------------

Jimbo

Edited by JimRayden