Issues On Ibanez Rg270 Modifications

Hello! I have an Ibanez RG 270 and I want to make a couple of modifications on it.

First I want to change it's Floyd Rose tremolo with something better and to add a piezo pickup.

My question is: Are there any Floyd Rose trems with integrated piezo???

If not : can I put an Piezo pickup in the sigle coil space???

And: What FloydRose should I chose to fit exactly on my guitar without making any modifications ???

Enough for now... !!! :D

Edited by LORD-C

There is a search function on top of the page.......why don't you do little search on

* Peizo

* Floyd Rose

Also go to www.jemsite.com go to forum and do search on Floyd Rose.

As you possibly have TRS trem, you also might wanna throw that in.

Remember the search function is there for a reason.

My question is: Are there any Floyd Rose trems with integrated piezo???

No.

If not : can I put an Piezo pickup in the sigle coil space???

Yes....eh!....No.

And: What FloydRose should I chose to fit exactly on my guitar without making any modifications ???

Replace TRS with OFR, no routing needed.

Edited by RGGR

RGGR, who does a piezo pickup that fits in a single coil cavity?  I've never seen one, I've seen pickups sold and EQ'd as piezo's, but since a piezo works on the vibration of the string and not a magnetic field, I'm really not sure how it could work in a single coil space.

I was wondering the same thing. It's gotta be touching a saddle somewhere.. unless it's picking up body vibrations but that would sound horrible.

Only piezo floyd I know of currently is a proprietary ibanez model that you can't buy without the attached guitar :D Should be something coming soon though.

Excuse me, I stand corrected. Make that yes a no. I though he meant replacing saddles on Floyd with Piezo adapted saddles.......

I thought I had read about that somewhere. Guess that was Draks thread. Thought it already had arrived.

No expert on Piezo's though. Not sure why you want to make electric sound like accoustic. Isn't the charm of accoustic not just the charm of an accoustic.

On replacing trem........on Jemsite found this link that will interest L-C.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34410

Edited by RGGR