making sustainer

Welcome to the forum, so far from what I have seen on about 30 different guitar forums and hundred's of websites a few people have tried but none with sucess on their own. Hope somebody comes along and shows us all how one of these days soon.

you see i'v tried to make a reversal

i'v connected one of pickups to amp input

and other to speaker output when strumed

a string there was an endless sustain

the only problem that it was very weak

and my amp was on full voliume

(huge output).

so probably what i need is a vary small preamp+amp

with huge output.

so if you can give schematics of one

i will be very thankfull.

thanx

i would have thought (having just done a big physics exam) that if you stripped all of the wire off of the magnet and started turning wire onto it again then you could turn that into a strong electromagnet by connecting this to a battery. you would have to have a lot of turns on the coil though.

IS THIS SAFE?

i would have thought (having just done a big physics exam) that if you stripped all of the wire off of the magnet and started turning wire onto it again then you could turn that into a strong electromagnet by connecting this to a battery. you would have to have a lot of turns on the coil though.

IS THIS SAFE?

isn't that essentially an active pickup? And what's the point of stripping if you're going to rewind?

Other problem: strong magnet= low sustain. It's generally not noticed, but if you're going battery powered, you may well run into some issues.

i have a fernandez sustainer pickup and it is a battery hooked up to a circuit board which is then hooked up to the sustainer.when the sustainer is active it doesn't work as a pickup so your bridge pickup is then the one carrying the sound while the sustainer/pickup is creating a pulsing electromagnetic field which keeps the strings vibrating indefinately.it works well on single notes but is not great for chords.i took mine out of my fernandez because it was useless to me.i never could make myself hold that note that long.but it is cool for tremelo work and smooth legato runs.

if you want brian i would be willing to donate the pickup to the cause if you think you can figure out how it works.just give me an adress to send it to.

i have a fernandez sustainer pickup and it is a battery hooked up to a circuit board which is then hooked up to the sustainer.when the sustainer is active it doesn't work as a pickup so your bridge pickup is then the one carrying the sound while the sustainer/pickup is creating a pulsing electromagnetic field which keeps the strings vibrating indefinately.it works well on single notes but is not great for chords.i took mine out of my fernandez because it was useless to me.i never could make myself hold that note that long.but it is cool for tremelo work and smooth legato runs.

if you want brian i would be willing to donate the pickup to the cause if you think you can figure out how it works.just give me an adress to send it to.

i'm livin' in israel so if you still willing to i'll be thankfull :D