New Pin Router

bigdguitars

Good lord! Better start making up some templates, one for walls and one for a roof. Youre gonna need an addition to that garage of yours! :D On a more serious note, will that run off a normal 110 volt outlet :D

ha ha yea thats the bad part, need to drop another 500 on a phase converter... but all in all, this is an italian pin router that kicks any cheapo version that grizzly or woodworkers supply sells. plus it will run for years....

will post pics tomorrow or friday depending on when I get it..

man that thing is a beast. Still, even after the phase converter you're out less than you woudl be with a new 2-3 hp one. Not sure why you need 10hp.. other than why not! You ought to rent out machine time to some local door makers or something.. start making mouldings on the side. lol..

ha ha yea thats the bad part, need to drop another 500 on a phase converter...  but all in all, this is an italian pin router that kicks any cheapo version that grizzly or woodworkers supply sells.  plus it will run for years....

will post pics tomorrow or friday depending on when I get it..

And now you can get other 3-phase machines :D . That thing is a monster

the fun begins...

thank you rodney could not have done this with out your help.

I will post specs later I still need to get into this tool and figure it out.

rout1.jpg

rout2.jpg

rout3.jpg

oh yea my other pin routers will be for sale along with my craftsman jointer.

if you in chicago and need some tools let me know, time to clean house...

need a phase converter too.

edit- here is the name of the router... PUNTI-DI-INGRASSAGGIO E205

Its made it italy, I still have no idea what the hp rating is the guy had no manual. anyone know where to get a manual or something for this?

-Derek

I run my shop off of a phase converter and have for over five years.

Don't buy a static converter, buy a rotary. Made that mistake once. The rotary is worth the extra moolah. Cleaner power, less maintainence, less headaches. Much longer life.

Buy the next largest size if you can swing the bucks. This is because if you decide to buy one that is exactly the size that you need you will almost immediuately find a tool that you can't live with out at a great price that will have the larger motor.

Murphy.

Look at the Kay Industries converters. Reliable and quiet, for a converter. Website is Kayind.com. Great units, superb customer service. Not cheap but since you probably came close to theft on the pin router you can afford it.

I have a bunch of info from the IWF trade show in Atlanta. I'll dig through it this weekend and see if I can find who the distributor was for that beast, and I'll post it for you. The Italian stuff is great but can be annoying to find manuals, parts, etc.

I am envious.

its not wrong to say this but I love you! :D I was just going to send you an email asking you how to run this puppy...

thanks for the link, yea finding manuals and all that will suck bigtime, I have no idea the HP on this sucker the shop said 10, other like models like the scmi r8 run 6.6hp. Heck I could settle for 5 I am only running guitar bodies.

No one has noticed the two stage oil air regulator? that thing alone runs $$$...

I am very happy with the purchase though it does look odd as heck in my garage...

the fun begins...

thank you rodney could not have done this with out your help. 

-Derek

No problemo! That was a monster of a machine! I will most likely take you up on that offer of your current pin router. I will probably let you know for sure either tonight or tomorrow.

Did the car make it in the garage?

--Rodney

XLR8, thats a pretty sweet pin router you have there. Much more my speed than BigD's monster. Where did you get it, how much?

BigD, I noticed those regulators on the side but had no idea what they were. What do they do? Does that mean youre gonna need more equipment to get this beast going? What was your origonal pin router?

XLR8, thats a pretty sweet pin router you have there. Much more my speed than BigD's monster. Where did you get it, how much?

I found it on eBay here in the UK, I think I paid around $1000 for it.

It is such a useful and versatile machine, my router table only gets used for rounding over the bodies now.

Man.. I wish I had one of those. My vintage handheld routers are starting to look a little incompetant. Hey you live in Chicago? Nice, I live in Ann Arbor, a couple hours away.