Pick Guard Material

Hey guys. I'm looking for a pickguard material supllier. I have some really cool ideas for some cool stuff and need to find a source for material. I do not want to buy from a retailer such as Stew- Mac or Warmoth, I would prefer to buy wholesale as I may manufacture these item some tims soon. Can anybody help. I really need to find the people who make that neat pearloid like swirly stuff. :D

It depends on how much you want to buy. I specced out several suppliers of celluloid tortoise and it's EXPENSIVE..

Can you buy wholesale? Do you have the licenses and such you need for your state? If so call up WD Music Supply.. pickguards are his specialty. Allparts sells blank sheets as well. You just have to keep in mind that the prices online are retail. Get an account with them and they will hook you up with dealer pricing (which in most cases is 50% of retail)

Keep in mind though, only buy wholesale if you plan to sell it. To get wholesale pricing you have to have a reseller license which is different in each state, but you have to report to the state once a quarter what you sold and in some cases what you purchased and pay tax on it. If they find out you just got it to buy your own stuff tax free and half price they won't be happy :D

Oh no, I do not plan on cloning or copying anything. I believe what I have in mind to be a little on the original side of fabulouso, and not scratchplates. If I can secure a supplier and I can get a desktop cnc machine my fellow builders will be amongst the first to see my products. I am in the planning stages right now so much of what I want is so much flotsoam and jetsom. I will keep us informed. :D

Oh no, I do not plan on cloning or copying anything. I believe what I have in mind to be a little on the original side of fabulouso, and not scratchplates. If I can secure a supplier and I can get a desktop cnc machine my fellow builders will be amongst the first to see my products. I am in the planning stages right now so much of what I want is so much flotsoam and jetsom. I will keep us informed. :D

This company is a huge supplier of celluloid and traditional pickguard material. But you have to buy A LOT.

www.delmarproducts.com

desktop cnc machine

Does this even exist? Honestly, not to dampen your spirits but unless you are sure you are going to start selling these things and can make $$ or you already have a ton of $$ to throw around this is going to be very poor use of cash IMO.

desktop cnc machine

Does this even exist? Honestly, not to dampen your spirits but unless you are sure you are going to start selling these things and can make $$ or you already have a ton of $$ to throw around this is going to be very poor use of cash IMO.

There are desktop CNCs.. most of the DIY CNCs are desktop.. I ran across them searching for real CNC info.. hobby craftsmen.. churning out model parts, etc.. styrofoam cutting, balsa.. Key word there being hobby though.. I don't think it would handle guitar sized projects.

Oh yeh Oh yeh, there are desktops out there and they cost less than a new LP. I can tell you from expierence the good ones will churn out bodies at twenty four per eight hour day. Yes thats about twenty minutes per. I allready have a feeler out to Delmar Prod's let hope alot is'nt too much. :D