Your Profile And Signature

For now signatures are allowed as we all enjoy having our own little statement to add to each post, but any signature that is linked to a business site is off limits (this includes everyone).

If you enter any of the contests here on the forum posted either by myself or anyone else willing to give out a legit prize please have a valid e-mail address in your profile so that we may contact you to arrange delivery of that prize.

It includes me too!

:D

Just to let everyone know, Jemfest is a not-for-profit business.

Any proceeds we make from Jemfest events are donated to charity B)

So far LGM Guitars is a non-profit organization too! LOL

Can we still post our business in our signature? Just not as a link?

ei

-------------------------------------------------------

LGM Guitars

turning dreams into reality..........

but nothing as a clickable link?

Yes anyone caught having a direct link from all of their posts to a business site in either the signature or avatar can and will be suspended (min 30 days), it is only fair to keep it this way so that the supporters of Project Guitar be allowed to go about business in the appropriate section for their level of support.

This really shouldn't be an issue but I have actually had more than one complaint about it.

If I allowed everyone in the forum to post business deals on every catagory and in every forum this would surely turn into nothing more than a business center and not the educational experience it is ment to be in the first place.

Plus the lack of supporting revenue from spammers would cause the web site and forum to end due to lack of funds, it may be free to the general public but it still cost's a lot to run both a web site and a forum.

• 1 year later...

Wow, great site! I am really looking forward to learning alot about guitar Building/Refinishing. So happy I found this site! - and no,... I will not ask for any Logo decals or CAD programmes as a"new" person! LOL! Thanks for sharing all the great info and pics!, Jimmy K. :D

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='RHOADS-N-RONSON' date='Jan 27 2004, 01:26 AM'] Wow, great site! I am really looking forward to learning alot about guitar Building/Refinishing. So happy I found this site! [/quote]
yeah this forum is great:rock . one question though...can you have a picture in your sig like some other forums?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE REGARDING SIGNATURES:

[b][u]Signatures:[/b][/u]
Your signature is to be text only. Pics/banners are big bandwitdth hogs, and take up a lot of "screen real estate". When you're searching for the metric screw size of Wilkinson saddle screws, you don't want to have to scroll for days. So, for now...here's how it works:

Text only signatures.
2 lines max.
You may have a non-business link in your signature.
You may have a business link in your signature if you are a site sponsor (as determined by Brian).

We'll give everyone until the end of the month (Aug. 31, 2004) to get their new signature situated. As of Sept. 1, 2004, if your signature doesn't comply with the above, we will remove the signature.

It's still annoying. You scroll down a thread and you have to look at every pic, because you assume right away it's a pic relevant to the thread, but then there's these sig pics that are the same thing over and over. And I've yet to see one that even makes any remote sense, at least in how it could relate to guitar build/repair.