3d Renders Of An Lgm

I found a guitar called the Leviathan, a new design at a custom builder: LGM Guitars, and its probably the coolest design I've seen for a long time. Something of a superstrat but pointy, and not stupid pointy, cool pointy. I want one but can't afford it so I decided to build one in 3D for the hell of it.

My inspiration:

th_459_leviiathan_quilt_sour_appleburst.jpg

My 3D models (with pre-vis swirl finishes):

th_75d_leviathan2.jpg

th_338_leviathan3.jpg

th_8ed_leviathan4.jpg

Probably off topic but a cool guitar I'm working on.

I'm dyin over here :D

Great job on the models.. but yeah LGM is a widely known presence around here. Look above at the pinned thread on trademarking body styles.. :D

I found a guitar called the Leviathan, a new design at a custom builder: LGM Guitars, and its probably the coolest design I've seen for a long time. Something of a superstrat but pointy, and not stupid pointy, cool pointy. I want one but can't afford it so I decided to build one in 3D for the hell of it.

Probably off topic but a cool guitar I'm working on.

Something of a superstrat but pointy, and not stupid pointy, cool pointy.

Like to make cool pointy too..... :D

Think you can only "copy" Jeremy's design if you equal or surpase his quality of work.

But seeing you already took your time rendering his body design I bet you will have Caded out other parts of the design as well.

Note the AANJ and the upper fret access scoops you missed.

Remember it better be a darn sharp guitar.......;-)

Edited by RGGR

I hope Jeremy has a sense of humor ...

I think Jeremy can be a proud man. This is the moment he secretly has been waiting for. B)

Now be nice and I wouldn't be shocked if he would even give advice on how to complete a clone,....

Or the guy could ask Jeremy to built him a neck to accompany his clone body. :D

Oh, man!!!.....this is funny.

You see questions already appearing in coming threads:

"Anyone have any good LGM cad file I can use.......I'm making Leviathan copy. Thanks"

:D

Edited by RGGR

Its lightwave (not really a cad more of an animation/modeler for movies, and commercials and crap) which was used for Matrix/Titanic/CSI/Burnout games among many others. I dont need any cad stuff I just used the pic for reference but if theres anything I should know give me a hand(for example now I know its AANJ but I can change that easily). I probably wont finish it because I can't ever play it and like I said it's just for the hell of it. I built my Jackson in Lightwave and was gonna build a jem but the freaking monkey hole was bothering me when I put it in subpatch mode so I decided to do this instead. I really a better guitarist than a modeler and texturer (because I never spend time to practice modeler) so those finishes are five minute screw ups from photoshop that looked okay on the guitar so I used them. Total time modeling so far was less than an hour so whatever.

I liked some of the blacklight inlays he does and his leviathan is cool because I really think if your going pointy you should either make it cool pointy (Leviathan) or dangerously terrifyingly unplayably pointy (Moser) and not ride the fence like ugly Bc Rich Beast or something like that.

I looked through the forum and thought this was a better newb post than:

"I want to build guitars wil you teach me??!!? How do I make this.. and this... and I tried the search function but... er... I couldn't figure out what it was called... and ... well... search function doesn't work anyway takes way too long. Is is possible to build a neck of Balsa wood and how do I put maple wiener on my top. Tutorials on the site are VERY unclear too much reading. Les paul rules etc.. I want prs... Jackson is for posers KORNKORNKORN I am good as vai but not really. Teach me play fast shread now. :D LOLOLOL !11one1ONe11 I leet haxor teh leet."

PS I will never build this in real life because its so pointy I would lose my hands.

Truly something a hippy would hate. NIce job!!

Edited by Steve-0

"I want to build guitars wil you teach me??!!? How do I make this.. and this... and I tried the search function but... er... I couldn't figure out what it was called... and ... well... search function doesn't work anyway takes way too long. Is is possible to build a neck of Balsa wood and how do I put maple wiener on my top. Tutorials on the site are VERY unclear too much reading. Les paul rules etc.. I want prs... Jackson is for posers KORNKORNKORN I am good as vai but not really. Teach me play fast shread now. :D LOLOLOL !11one1ONe11 I leet haxor teh leet."

:D