Bass String Spacing

I measured three of the narrowest 4-strings at my shop. With the dimension you started with, I assume you mean at the bridge. Spencer (stop laughing) 2 1/8" Hofner 2 1/16" Wasp 2" even Then I thought of the bass I had at home Ibanez 1 7/8" The Ibanez has the bridge put together wrong so you might want to throw that number out. It plays VERY well, however. That's why it is at home. Oh, I found one more. An Allen Woody Epiphone 2 1/16". Hope that enlightens.

I have a new winner for narrow bass bridges. I just repaired the tailpiece on an Ampeg (old booger) fretless and it is 1.780 at the bridge string center to string center. Plays absolutely beautifully!! I did not want to give it back but he is bigger than me! :D

I'm glad to hear another fan of the Epi Allen Woody will admit it. Short-scale, nice neck, crapply control plate and a pair of pickups straight from heaven! I waited 5 months to get my first one. It came UPS in the box it was shipped in from Asia! I sent that one back to musician's fiend (sic) and got the new one about 3 weeks later. Get this. I ordered a case for it and they shipped it in a seperate box! Gotta love that hard, booming bass! The color is even deep! :D

I had a few in here and sold them but this last one went straight to my studio. I bought the case for it so that makes it a keeper! I was hung up on the EB3 for an all around short scale until I played the Allen Woody. My EB3 hasn't seen a minute of play time since........My Les Paul bass is getting mighty lonely too....and the oother 7 basses in my studio :D