The Best Pu's In The World

Matt

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/index.php

I have always stuck by bareknuckle pickups, I know.. have a MM!! All i hear about BK is great things, the service is excellent and his PU's are very versatille and in my view better than anything else around!!

Now hes created a forum (customer service or what?), chech out the distreesed coveres he does on the Warpigs and Nailbombs! i have talked to this guy a few times and hes really helpfull, even when i said i wanted to wind my own and i expected him to be slighty secretive about his stuff, but he was really helpfull.

For all your benhifit i reccomend checking out his site if you haven't already!! i have just bought a EMG ZW set and already want to change to a set of Warpigs!!

(I'm miracle man matt by the way)

Anyway hope its some help to u PU bofs and anyone who is looking for some excellent PU. I have to admit the MM is awesome and pinched harmonics and stuff are 10 times better than that of the EMG 81!!!

Matt

I love the cover on the warpig :D Does anyone know if you can get that cover for other models?

I wonder what a warpig set would sound like...

Decisions decisions! I was basically settled on bartolini's but now im unsure!

- Dan

edit - Ohh I see the nailbomb has a cool cover as well...

edit - Ok I think I want a warpig set for my alder strat! But where do I find prices? and does anyone know of soundclips being released by users or something?

go to the main website at www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk and after looking around products to see what you want, go to the online shop. A set of warpigs are about £220. I know this can be a bit expensive, but compared to the amount you spend on changing PU you aren't satisfied with, then its not much more. Plus if you dont like them you can send them back and change them!

Cripes!

I'm sure they are wonderful pickups and perhaps I will get around to them one day, but at that price, I would rather properly explore the Bartolini range first.. because at $150US a set (compared to what.. $420US!?!) I think they DEFINITELY deserve a chance first.

Likewise for Swineshead pickups too...

I don't doubt that they are good, but there at those prices there are just so many brands I would rather explore first :D Perhaps if I hear one first hand I would change my mind, but we'll just have to wait and see...

- Dan

yea, really it just comes down to what your happy with in the end i suppose, wether its an expensive hand-wound set or a cheap mighty-mite set -as long as does what you want it to do then thats what matters!

:D

I still reckon they kick ass anyway :D

Edited by Matt