Painting My Tele But What Should I Use

BMXGUY

I am bidding on this body on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1 i hope nobody outbids me but will see what happens, im just curious if anyone has any ideas of what i should use to paint this i want it to be somewhat transparent to show the difference in woods, do i need some sort of a grain filler as well. Also i cant tell if the control plate will fit because if you look in the picture with the pickguard it dosent quite line up right maybe its just me but it caught my eye.

Thanks alot any ideas on color would be great to

if you look at the biggest picture.. the pickguard is cocked to the left a little bit. It looks like it should fit just right. MusiKraft does good stuff, they make TONS of bodies and necks. Given that, if for somereason this auction gets too expensive.. just wait and they'll auction more stuff.

That certainly is an interesting looking body. I presume you do not want to tint the wood. You might need a grain filler, if you do use it get a light or clear filler. After that I'd apply a few coats of Sand and Sealer followed by several coats of Nitro. All of these items can be obtained at either Stewart-Macdonald or Guitar ReRanch. Hope this helps.