Finishing A Pine Body

Ha, it apears mine does to reading back that post.

What i was saying was if you were to leave the fretboard (witch no i know your not) you should have painted it a solid colour and 'aged' the paint by sanding off the areas that get most ware and tare (tummy cut, forearm rest ect) but sand of almost all of the paint on the entire body. Its hard for me to explain the vision i have of the finished guitar in my head. If i was good a drawing id draw you a pic but im not.

Well, what used to annoy me most in this guitar's old appearance was its dirty and worn out look.

It used to look so messed up with all those stickers, dents and spots.

Your idea is cool, but now I am trying to escape from that very "worn out" look and make it appear much smoother and cleaner. I will try to make it look like brand new, avoiding the slightest imperfection.

Even though it looks like plastic, I love this look: radius_body.jpg

Well, what used to annoy me most in this guitar's old appearance was its dirty and worn out look.

Now people with this attitude are destroying relics. "I found this old ugly guitar in the attic. It had Fender something written on the head thingy... it had so much paint peeled off and the neck was so ugly yellow. I took an axe and chopped the ugly thing into firewood. :D And then I found a guitar in the store that was so beautiful and shiny and it cost only like 80 bucks. So I bought that and I'm loving it."

Geesh :D

-----------

Jimbo

Now people with this attitude are destroying relics. "I found this old ugly guitar in the attic. It had Fender something written on the head thingy... it had so much paint peeled off and the neck was so ugly yellow. I took an axe and chopped the ugly thing into firewood. B) And then I found a guitar in the store that was so beautiful and shiny and it cost only like 80 bucks. So I bought that and I'm loving it."

Geesh :D coffee

-----------

Jimbo

I am not that stupid dude - I wouldn't use a real vintage Stratocaster for firewood just because it's death-ugly and old. This way the priceless relic would be destroyed for good.

The very thought of destroying such a beautiful, old, vintage Stratocaster sounds like blasphemy.

If I had a real old Stratocaster, I wouldn't burn it.

Hell no!

I would make a nice small Oriental one leg coffee table out of it (the neck being used as a leg). Seems that those old pieces of wood are not that useless, after all :D

Edited by DrummerDude

Yeah, pretty much like the table from the pic above, just less beautiful. :D

By the way, I too thought of changing the headstock and replacing it with one that is in the BC Rich style but then it seemed too much trouble to me, so I dumped the idea.

I just don't have the necessary power tools for changing the headstock and I am too damn lazy to do it with the hand tools.

Besides this, if I change the head, I will have to buy 6 tunning machines since the ones I have (seen on the pic) are two three-piece sets (each set is a monolite piece that holds three tunning machines, much like an acoustic guitar and the distance between the separate machines is too big for making a BC Rich headstock)

I don't want to invest any money in this guitar especially for parts that I already have.

I changed my mind - I will go for the BC Rich headstock style, after all.

Is there a place to download the headstock plan of a BC Rich from?

I mean not the double sided BC Rich headstock, the single sided one.

Or maybe I should ask this question in another section of this forum?

OK, I will do it.

Edited by DrummerDude

• 1 year later...

Finally, I managed to take a few decent photos of the modified guitar.

And now, eaxactly two years later, I am posting them here.

This is how the guitar looked before:

kremona9du.jpg

And here it is after the "improvements".

Yes, I made a double sided headstock after all...

s5001207zw5.jpg

s5001208nt6.jpg

s5001209xq0.jpg

s5001210rz1.jpg

s5001215cl3.jpg

s5001213fb8.jpg

Share your thoughts and comments.

IMHO modified guitars are cool.