Wood For Sale.

fryovanni

I thought I would offer up some of my stockpile of lumber. I am not sure if I will get a huge responce, or if it will take up too much of my time. So this may be a very short lived project. I will be adding more wood ( including tops, soundboards, acoustic sets etc...) as I make time to get pictures and info put together. I am also going to through out an offer to help out with drawings (CAD), and plot full size sheets, cost will just be based on what you need. Please don't ask me to plot someone else's design without their permission though. Take a look at the photo album below to see what I have up right now, I will add to it as I go. If you see something you like PM or E-mail me.

Shipping charges will be actual, and your choice of carrier. I will prefer to use Pay Pal as much as possible.

Sorry if using a photo album makes browsing difficult. Maybe I will put together a web page if I keep it going for a while.

Wood for Sale.

Peace, Rich

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rich,

I just received the wood that I bought from you today. The black limba body blank is flat out gorgeous, and the ziricote fretboard is really nice, too. The pictures don't do them justice. Thanks for the woods, Rich. It was a pleasure doing business with you. :D

A+

Lance

Ok, I have added some Figured Maple tops, Lacewood tops, various fretboards and headstock veneer plates.

The tops are all run through my thickness sander (full set at the same time) so they are nice and even. I have more on the way, it's all about getting the time to do these things.

Note: I found a crack that ran through some of my Zircote fretboards. The actual distance from the edge of the board to the crack is the width I have listed. All are usable as fretboards, and the area with the flaw is marked in yellow. I have also deducted 30% off the price of these boards.

If there is any perticular kind of stock you would prefer I put up first let me know and I will try to get to it first. By this I mean Soundboard, Side/Back sets, Thick or Thin tops, etc.... And of course type of wood you would prefer to see.

Peace All, Rich

I got a limba neck, too. If I'm brave enough, I'll attempt a neck, it will be my first. I'm still debating though, because I'd have to buy a boat-load of tools to do it, and I don't want a half-@$$ed neck on this limba body.

The black limba and the ziricote go so well together. I was going to use pau ferro or cocobolo for the fingerboard, then I unwrapped the ziricote and set it up next to the limba. Wow, what a great combination! I think the ziricote would make great pickup covers, too.

I can't believe Rich is selling this stuff, as nice as it is. I'd be keeping it! Makes me wonder what else he has stashed away for himself that he isn't selling... :D

Lance,

I actually got that Zircote for my acoustic sides and backs. Some of the left-overs turned into fretboards. I totally agree though you don't get a much better fit for Black Limba. I think we should be seeing about three projects shortly with Zircote/Limba combo's. Should be interesting.

Peace,Rich

Lance- How thick and how figured? (shoot me an e-mail)

G.I. Ace- I have my personal drawings for Explorer type guitar. If you are looking for drawings, I don't have a stock and sell them. I do help folks with their drawings for projects if they need. I can print out their drawings for them also. I can't sell you a copy of plans for a Gibson Explorer ( that wouldn't be legal ). Send me a P.M. and we can talk about what you need.

Devon- Can't wait to see some pics.

Peace, Rich

I have added more figured Maple tops and figured Katalox fretboards. I have started wiping the boards with Naptha to help make it easyer to see the figure. If you would prefer to see it without. I can take a photo dry. Again all the sets are sanded as sets.

Lance- I placed a 2" Figured Myrtle block up there, I can resaw to spec.

Peace, More on the way. Rich

the ziricote is stunning.. i have a piece of it in peghead veneer as well as a fretboard. I'm not going to do a peghead veneer though, i'm going to use it as a cavity cover in the back. I'm also contemplating using a small piece of the stuff to cap a small offcut of the limba and turning 2 barrell knobs for the tele. My limba has some really cool figure in the offcuts. Would make some really interesting knobs.

I am posting up some Quilted Maple sets and Blocks. I hopefully will get some more posted up soon (maybe this weekend). I will also try to get some more flamed maple necks and such up. If you are interested in thicker Quilted sets for carving let me know I have more blocks. If you like the looks of a block I can re-saw them, the figure is strong throughout. Also if you need a special piece (exhibition grade), I have some special pieces ( they are kinda expensive though so I doubted most people would be interested, it makes me kringe when I buy them).I sure wish I could find more time to get this stuff up quicker, but I will keep going as fast as I can.

:D Rich

I have a few new figured Walnut and Sycamore blocks up. I have left them as blocks but I can resaw them for sets as needed. I also have a figured Shedua set up there. A couple of the walnut blocks are really unique. Have a look and let me know if anything floats your boat.

Peace, Rich

I have a few new figured Walnut and Sycamore blocks up. I have left them as blocks but I can resaw them for sets as needed. I also have a figured Shedua set up there. A couple of the walnut blocks are really unique. Have a look and let me know if anything floats your boat.

Peace, Rich

You dog.. you got some sycamore up there! Nice looking stuff. The wheels are a turning..

Rich,

I received my shipment of myrtle and curly maple today, and also the drawings. Everything is excellent.

For all of you having trouble printing out full-size plans, here is the guy who can solve all your problems! :D

Thanks for everything, Rich!! A+

P.S. I got my eye on some of that figured walnut, just gotta get a couple more paychecks and build some stuff for the house before taking any action...