Beatle Bass Help

stageleft

A friend of mine brought me a early 70s Encore beatle bass copy to work on. The body itself is not in bad shape, but it is missing the control plate (and all the controls) and one pickup the other pickup is setchy at best. I have tried the usuall sources (even ebay) and haven't really found anything. Any ideas? I tried to talk him out of fixing it up, but it was a gift from his father and the first bass he ever had, so it has sentimental value to him. I don't know exactally what his budget is, but he is a singer songwriter who is just about to master his new album, in other words, pretty broke :D. Any and all help would be appreciated.

George

Thanks, thats a start at least. He may end up just buying another clone from ebay and using the parts in his bass. We'll see. I'll have the gruesome before pic up later today :D

George

Buying a beater is probably the best way to go. Those parts on that site are not cheap! Do a google for "beatle bass parts".....that's all I did and came up with about 40 hits, that was the first one in line so I posted it.

I'd pick up a Jay Turser clone.....they can be had on eBay for under $100 and you can salvage anything you need. I have one here but it's being saved for my drummer.