Speakers As A Pa

duo2

My neighbor just gave me some awsome looking old speakers for a home sound system. I already have a sound system so I was wondering if there was a way that I could make it so that I could hook my GNX4 up to the speakers so I could use them as an amp. The speakers don't have an input jack that would accept a guitar cable. They just have connections for speaker wire. Would it work if I bought a CD player that was compatable with the speakers and plugged the GNX4 into the headphone jack? This isn't really all that important to me but the speakers look really cool and I thought it would be awsome to use them as a guitar amp. The cabinets are made of wood and they have like a wicker mesh covering on the front. They remind me of amps from the 50's and 60's.

If they're speakers with just inputs for speaker wire in the back, you'll need an actual stereo power amp to run them, a headphone jack won't be enough. You can buy Sony or Onkyo stereo recievers for about $100 that would be strong enough to drive 'em some, but to get them loud enough to be a decent PA you'd need a pretty big amp.