My Trip To Spain - Ramirez Guitars

Hey all,

I thought I would share some pictures from my trip to Spain and the Ramirez shop and store. It turned out that our hotel room was about two blocks from the Ramirez store in Madrid. I found the address at a local internet cafe and my wife and I set out to find the shop. We turned off the Calle Mayor near the Plaza Del Sol and strarted up a very narrow side street. After walking a fair way, we started to think that we went the wrong way. I said let's go a little further and sure enough, there it was! Here is a picture of me in front of the shop:

Store%20Front.jpg

See my other post for the story of my guitar purchase while at the shop. The next day, we took the metro to the north side of the city and visited the shop where Ramirez guitars are made (well, the high end ones anyway). The shop was surprisingly small. I was impressed by how neat everything was (notice this as you look at the pictures posted below). The people were also very friendly and accomodating of me and my camera. We got to see a couple of guitars in progess which was very cool. Check out the pictures here:

http://www.pariah-now.com/ramirez_factory_visit.htm

A very cool trip overall. Spain was beautiful and my new guitar rocks.

Best Regards,

Mike.

That is not the store I bought my Ramirez from but, heck, there are about 40 of them in Madrid. Just the one Ramirez "factory-outlet" so-to-speak. I probly paid two or three middlemen when I bought mine at (translated) The Guitar Studio. It is either that or you got a discount because they were staring at your wife!

Heh, heh...maybe you're right. She definitely gets more attention wherever we go. And she's a doctor to boot (pediatrician). I'm sure I did save some money buying directly from their "company store", seriously. I'm pretty sure that the Ramirez store in Madrid is the only one. Therefore your theory regarding paying the middleman defintely holds water. I'm pretty sure the guy working the store mentioned that it was cheaper if you bought there as well. In any case, the more I play the guitar the more I like it, regardless of what I paid. It really is a very nice guitar.

Best Regards,

Mike.

I didnt see any power tools in the pictures...very refreshing! Did you see any that werent captured on camera?

No, I honestly didn't notice any power tools. That doesn't mean there weren't a few laying around, but there couldn't have been that many if at all. I guess the pictures tell the same story.

Regards,

Mike.

Very nice pics Mike - Thanks!

That's a very interesting set of clamps they have for the tops. Simple spring clamps with wooden blocks. A guy could save a lot of money by making 20 or so of them instead of buying the pistol grip clamps. I'll have to do some experimenting now. I'm thinking some fo that spring steel they use to hold silo staves (a farmer thing) in place plus a couple of pieces of scrap wood should do the trick.

I'm thinking some fo that spring steel they use to hold silo staves (a farmer thing) in place plus a couple of pieces of scrap wood should do the trick.

A Cheese Farmer?????

Cheese Silo???

Just kidding!!!!