Adding A Volume And A Tone Pot?

DimebagD

Hey, I'm new here so, hi all :D

I've got a Jackson RX10D and I'm going to put some Seymour Duncans in it. It only has one master Volume knob and a 3 way switch. I was thinking if it would be much trouble to add another volume so there would be one volume for each pickup and adding a master tone? Is there enough room in the back cativity for it?

Here is a picture of a guitar exacly like mine one http://www.sweelee.com.sg/Images/Jackson/R...ue(Enlarge).jpg

or should I just change the pickups and leave it?

Is there enough room in the back cativity for it?

Here is a picture of a guitar exacly like mine one http://www.sweelee.com.sg/Images/Jackson/R...ue(Enlarge).jpg

or should I just change the pickups and leave it?

pots arent too big so you should have space, you can judge that yourself

open up the back, or remove the pickguard (wherever the pots are kept) and have a look. see if there is enough space to fit another pot. if so, your in luck.

EDIT: Picture doesnt work mate

Edited by User01

dude

why not use a push/pull pot?

that way if you wanted to add an extrta pot, you could have both volume controls on the one pot and a separate tone pot.

cheers

darren

dude

why not use a push/pull pot?

that way if you wanted to add an extrta pot, you could have both volume controls on the one pot and a separate tone pot.

cheers

darren

ahh thanks I didn't even think of that :D I had totally forgotten about those!

Edited by DimebagD

I would definitely go with the concentric pots, maybe one pot can ahve volume and tone for the bridge and the other will have volume and tone for the neck.

Just a suggestion, but do you actually use your tone knob???

I know most people (myself include) usually leave the tone knob at 10. This is basically the same as not having a tone knob. Unless you use your tone knob, I would just turn your tone knob into the other volume control.

That pot looks like somthing i may use on my project, so i can have a 2Vol 2tone set up? These things will work for tone right?

Seth, i leave my bridge at 10 but i roll back on the neck to about 6 or 7, cuting the highs of my signal i beleve, it gives me a smoother tone anyway.

*Gets out Physics for beginers* :D