Eh I Need Help Fighting My String Height

this is driving my nuts!!!!! i have .05 relife at the 8th fret and my string height is at .055 at all the strings at the 12th fret. now i dont get any buzz when i play each note down the board its only when i like barre notes and play chords higher on the neck around the 5 through like 12th frets it just sounds like my strings are buzzing i dont know if its me or not, is this normal i know that some buzz is okay but i dont know if this is too much? when i set my neck to like .010 relief i have no problems but i dont like the neck like that cause you get that swimming pool effect and like the string are low at each end but in the middle thier high?

thanks in advance :D

I'm not the world expert or anything, but it sounds like maybe you're just not holding the strings down hard enough on your barre chords - experiment a little bit with playing single notes when you just hold them down hard enough to barely touch the frets and see if the same thing happens. It can be tough to press all six strings down the right amount.

yea thats what i have been doing and if i play single notes and i pick very softly i dont get buzz but if i pick "normally" it buzzez and im not picking hard or anything i dont know! i just set it back to .010 just to play it with out getting frustrated

yea thats what i have been doing and if i play single notes and i pick very softly i dont get buzz but if i pick "normally" it buzzez and im not picking hard or anything i dont know! i just set it back to .010 just to play it with out getting frustrated

please dont take this as an attack on your technique, but you may be playing with the pick(if you play with one) at an angle to the strings, not perpendicular, and this can push the strings towards the fretboard creating extra buzz, I used to do this and spent ages messing with my guitar, but changing my technique solved it.

i cant see your playing, but that may help.

none taken but its not my playing cause i dont have this problem on my strat and its set up acording to factory specs with .012 relife at the 8th and a string height of .072

ahhh a strat

ive got one of those

i messed with the neckangle on the bass side and it seemed to help(i dont recommend it though) im just gonna cut out the nut on mine, fill the gap, seat it at the fingerboard end and give it a zero fret.

i cant standard doing strat setups, last time i stopped half way thru cos i was bored and irritated.

edit: re-read and saw that you dont have the problem on your strat.

Edited by Mr Alex