Lopro And Floyd Rose

Hi folks :D I always played on LoPro Trem and 17" radiused fingerboards. I want to try an original floyd bridge on a compound radius fingerboard (10 - 16"). I have to make a new guitar and I'd like to hear your comments about. I'm still undecided.

What are your advices?

If I should choose the compound fingerboard, can I inlay a vine on it? Or is it difficult on pre radiused?

Thanks

Gian

:D

If I should choose the compound fingerboard, can I inlay a vine on it? Or is it difficult on pre radiused?

Inlaying is difficult in itself - do yourself a favor and radius it after inlaying. Besides, if you are skilled enough to make a vine inlay, a compound radius should be no problem at all :D

And about the Original FR or the Lopro, as always it is also a matter of personal taste, so I suggest you go and try a guitar (or more) with an original Floyd on it. I would go for the LoPro (the fact that you've always used one is another point for the LoPro, I'd say).

Ok but there are folks saying floyd has a different sound, it sounds better and so on..... I would like to know if it is true or not. I have played guitar with floyd. A Valley arts of a my friend but I had not too much time to try. I remember few impressions.

Ok but there are folks saying floyd has a different sound, it sounds better and so on..... I would like to know if it is true or not. I have played guitar with floyd. A Valley arts of a my friend but I had not too much time to try. I remember few impressions.

you mean an ibanez lopro?

because floyd also has a low profile version

http://www.floydrose.com/pro.html

i have an original floyd on my seven string v...and it sounds much more "alive" than my liscensed copies.i would say you will not regret going with an original.i love mine

I mean that many people saying OFR sounds better than a Ibanez LoPro. I tried a Valley Arts of a my friend but I don't remember well the feel. If I would go for a FR I would buy an original floyd.

I want to know if it is true the opinions on "OFR better than..." or only personal preference. I simply think Ibanez Lo Pro is one of the best tremolo system available.

Gian

Edited by gun

I want to know if it is true the opinions on "OFR better than..." or only personal preference. I simply think Ibanez Lo Pro is one of the best tremolo system available.

personal preference.they both stay in tune equally well.

the difference is that the entire baseplate of the original is hardened steel...on the lopro if i am not mistaken it is cast and the knife edges are hardened inserts.

the original floyd has a "brighter" sound which i prefer.

ibanez DOES make some of the best trems available.especially the ZR trem on the s series

but also in my opinion the kahler flatmount 2300 pro is the most amazing design available.they basically solved all of the problems that a floyd has,AND they keep the routing required to a bare minimum