:D dudes in need of some tuners only problem is I am looking for gold with diagonal inserts to fit my old Epiphone neck. Ive seen schallers and gotoh's with the diagonal inserts but none in gold. If anyone knows of any companys that make them please let me know.

Also I have been working on my staining my flat body lespaul in dark walnut but

every time i stain it i cant seem to get a smooth coat with out any blotches or dust in the paint. Any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! B):D

i'm not sure about your tuners but i might be able to help with your staining problem. your "dust in the paint" may be dust and it may be the grain raising on the wood you've just sanded. so try these steps if possible.

sand the body down 'til you're happy with it. take a fairly damp rag and wet the entire surface. this will raise the grain and make it feel fuzzy. after it dries take some 300 to 400 grit sandpaper and lightly sand against the grain to remove the fuzz. if you have access to a compressor blow the body off to remove any residual dust. if not take a dry paint brush and brush it off.

minwax makes a product that i've had fair luck with. can't recall the exact name but it something like minwax wood conditioner. it's purpose is to make wood accept stain more evenly and is available at most hardware and paint stores. use it according to directions and then stain. should make it a lot better. good luck

:D dudes in need of some tuners only problem is I am looking for gold with diagonal inserts to fit my old Epiphone neck. Ive seen schallers and gotoh's with the diagonal inserts but none in gold. If anyone knows of any companys that make them please let me know.

What do you mean with diagonal tuners? Any pics or links?

What kind of wood are you staining? Maple doesn't always take stain real evenly if that's what you are working with.. You might try buying a spray shader like Behlen.. you can get those in all kinds of colors and that will sit on evenly instead of you having to try to rub it in smoothly. If your wood isn't porous enough, it won't soak up the stain and all you're doing si swirling it around on the surface. With a spray it sits on top so you don't have to worry about it. I'd just get it clean, seal it, then spray a shader coat then clear it.

OK.. I just looked at the tuner. I see what you mean. You might check with Fender replacement parts.. they sell the diagonal ones as '70s style' tuners.. AllParts doesn't carry them in gold though..

You could just go with regular klusons.. Any leftover holes should be hidden.. if not that's pretty easy to fill. Klusens interlock somewhat and show very little wood between.