Dual Output?

I would like to run a dual output on my bass ( kind of like Billy Sheehan's setup), having the neck pickup go to one output and the bridge pickup go to another and still have the ability to adjust the volume on each of them . Also a switch that would allow me to to switch from the top pickup or bottum pickup or both . I'm fairly good at wiring so it shouldnt be a problem and i think i got it figured out so far but I'm just checking to see your opinions. Has anyone done this before?

thanks alot

Sounds fun to me. You didn't mention this so forgive me if you've thought of this already. I would use a stereo jack, so you only have one cable leaving the instrument to eliminate tangles. You could use a stereo plug with a Y split at the end, or just use a Y adapter with a regular stereo cable.

I have acoustics with a mic & piezo setup. I feed an outboard pedal I made with phantom power for the mic and preamp for the piezo. So I run a stereo cable to the box (old pedal chassis) and two monos out from there to whatever. Actually I have three monos on there, one is a blend, so it automatically blends them into a single source for when I'm not playing through my fancy rig. So you could make an outboard box that either keeps them seperate or combines them, so your bass would act traditionally.

If you don't want an outboard box, then I'd still suggest using a stereo jack and cable, but install either a push/pull pot or a mini switch that toggles between normal mono operation and split stereo operation. That way if you just have one amp/one input you can run the bass normally. Or if you forget to bring your stereo cable for that matter.

You could also wire two jacks, but still with a switch. So you could plug normal into one jack, or throw the switch and it would split one pickup to each jack.

Parker guitars are setup like this. On my Nitefly my magnetic pickups are seperate from my piezo pickup. It has a stereo jack that will run the signals seperate. A 3 way switch that will let me choose between magnetic or Piezo or blend. Also a push button switch that lets be switch between using a single cord to one amp or a stereo cord to split to seperate amps. If you can get your hands on a parker wiring schematic this will have what you need and then some.

Parker guitars are setup like this. On my Nitefly my magnetic pickups are seperate from my piezo pickup. It has a stereo jack that will run the signals seperate. A 3 way switch that will let me choose between magnetic or Piezo or blend. Also a push button switch that lets be switch between using a single cord to one amp or a stereo cord to split to seperate amps. If you can get your hands on a parker wiring schematic this will have what you need and then some.

Yeah thats exactly the type of setup im looking to do , thanks guys! anymore help would be apreciated