Fender Pick-ups

I look at Fender Stratocaster dealers online and in my town and I notice hundreds of different years and models of pickups. I am refinishing a Agave Blue Strat replica and I need some pick-ups. I want original strat pickups. I have no lcue where ot start, and which ones bring what sounds. This is one of my first guitars and it is my first experience with electronics in a guitar. I see Delta Tone, Vintage, Custom Shop, Texas Choice....holy crap there are hundreds of different kinds..where do I start? Is there a website with them that could help explain the different ones and their tones and stuff? Or can one of you just help me out...Thanks. I don't know if my type of music played on it matters but if it does let me know.

There are so many "original" Strat pickups out there it's hard to choose which ones are really "original". The Fender Tex-Mex pickups were my favorite Fender-made pickups, but they don't make 'em anymore. It really does depend on what kind of music you want to play and whether you want a more vintage or a more modern sound.

I use an EMG-SA set in my Strat now, but if I were going to go for the old school hot Strat sound I'd use some Rio Grande Tallboys or Muy Grandes. They sound really good and I personally find their quality to be a little better than Fender. I use my Strat with a processor and straight to the board now, so that's why I use the EMGs.