Saga Kit

antihero.i have  combined your replies.four in a row back to back is way too much

Thanks,i didnt know how to combine replies into one message.

copy and paste evrything you need on the reply page.scroll down below the reply box and you will see the last few replies...you can highlight and copy whatever you need

• 2 weeks later...
:D  :D  B) 

So i buy a Saga LC_10 kit hoping to have some fun and hopefully get a usuable guitar out of it. I had put together one of their strats awhile back and was looking forward to it.

Well was i EVER wrong. First thing is their wiring diagram blows the big one. None of the colors match what is actually happening in reality. I have red and black with one single white wire. The way they explain it is"Now connect red with red etc blah blah " Well since i have an odd number of reds this seems kinda impossible,so i used my limited knowledge of guitar electronics to get it to work with trial and error which took me about 2 hours since i kept looking at the diagram thinking"Wow they cant suck that bad,surely they have even the slightest idea what they are doing,so connect the grey wire from the vol pot to the black wire from the pick up..........wait a second i dont have a grey wire....hmmm no grey wire. Well ill just move on to something else and see what wire is left over. Ok so connect the purple wire to the red wire from the switch......I dont have a purple wire either.......why again do i have this diagram...............????" I also made this harder on myself since i didnt use the stock pickups but still how about a diagram that matches reality?

So after this freakin hassle i finish everything but the bridge and tailpiece and wouldnt you know it no,i have NO studs to connect said pieces.ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 

Sorry for the rant but i thought that someone would like to know about the saga kits and how much trouble i am having.....plus it feels good to let it out sometimes.

So i am sitting here over a week later and do i have the parts from Torres? No

I really really dont like this company.....

Call 'em up and get an RMA number so you can return it. If they give you crap about it, contact your credit card company and open a charge dispute for non-conforming goods.

The guitar is painted and finished,because i bought the parts i needed. Still the told me they were going to send it to me and they havent.

Oh, well, in that case there's not much you can do except bad mouth them on the 'net and try to find substitute parts elsewhere. The lesson here is make sure all the parts are there BEFORE you build and never buy anything from a scheister like Torres. Good luck finding what you need to finish the project.

Oh, well, in that case there's not much you can do except bad mouth them on the 'net and try to find substitute parts elsewhere. The lesson here is make sure all the parts are there BEFORE you build and never buy anything from a scheister like Torres. Good luck finding what you need to finish the project.

Thank you. I already found the parts needed and have been playing it. I am very happy although i had to spend a bt more than i wanted to on the parts needed. Saga it seems,at least on my guitar,drills the hole for the stud at about 3/4 of an inch for the bridge,so it took a little looking around for the right parts.

I will continue to tell everyone i know about the "service" of Torres.

Never will i buy from them again.

I would continue to send emails, postal letters and phone calls politely but firmly requesting that the missing parts be shipped to you. Don't flood their inbox with threats and profanity, but be just annoying enough that it's easier to send what they owe you than have to deal with you every single day.

Each time you call, talk to someone higher up the food chain. Leave messages. Ask for return calls. Don't try to go straight to the top, but if you don't get satisfaction at one level, go up one level until you get there. Explain the time and effort it has taken to try to get what you paid for in good faith. Be reasonable. Be persistent.

In any case, don't give up. If they're as bad as you think, that's what they want you to do.