Swamp Ash (lightweight) For Sale..

Guitarfrenzy

It seems like a lot of people are having a hard time finding the lightweight Swamp Ash, so I've decided to sell some of mine since I need to raise money to help pay on a new shop. Right now I haven't even taken the time to run them over a jointer and glue them together, so I'm giving a price break for that. Later on, if I see that there is a need for this wood, I'll offer the wood ready to cut the body out. I also have some Mahogany blanks if your interested, and will post more on the site when more of the wood is done. You can go straight to the wood page by clicking this link.

GuitarFrenzy's Wood For Sale

PM me if you have any questions or drop me an email. Thanks.

MaTT Vinson

you can glue it if you want, but it's not neccessary. Actually I prefer to grain match and glue myself

Ok, is 1-7/8" thick just right? Since you'll be gluing, you'll probably want to bring it down to 1-3/4" thick with your planner afterward correct? What I'm saying is that they are actually 2-1/4" thick to begin with, but shipping that much more wood cost alot more weight-wise, so I'm just wondering what size you guys prefer to begin with? 1-7/8" or thicker? I've got some great wood yet to be done, and after they are ready, I'll put them up on the site and give you and Derek a chance to look at them first, simply because you two asked first.

MaTT Vinson

I'll be planning more wood Saturday, and will have pictures Saturday night or at least by Sunday. The last piece I shipped BigD was 10 lbs. 15 oz after it was boxed up and everything. Also the pieces was 26" long, so that's just to give you an idea of how light this stuff is. To give you an idea, I used the same wood for this new JV-1 guitar design and the total weight of it is 4lbs 2oz., it feels like picking up a sponge, and that's without carving, cavities routed, neck pocket, or pickup routings.

jv1body2.jpg

I'll weigh each piece so you guys will know what your getting. Thanks,

Matt

HOLY CRAPOLA THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!!! MATT IS DA MAN!!!!

A++++++++++++++++++++

got the piece today and this is nice nice stuff real lightweight swamp ash

Now its time to raise some funds... where you in ARK?

-Derek

Derek - Glad you liked it, and today I'll be in the shop planning the rest down. I can't promise anything simply because I can't really see the grain pattern until it is planned, but I think you will find some more you will like. Hopefully I can get everything ready by this afternoon, I'll keep you guys posted. One thing I can guarantee you is that you will get it shipped fast, I get the item out as soon as it's ordered, so you can start working on your guitar. I currently live near Hampton, AR, not sure if it's on the map or not.. lol I do know I have a beautiful one piece Swamp Ash that's ultra light, but not sure how wide it is (thinking it's 13-1/2"), so it might be something you'd be interested in also. All I can do is get it ready and take good pictures of it with dimensions and weight, it's up to you to decide if you want it.

Devon- I'll let everyone know when I have more up on the site right here.

Thanks guys,

Matt Vinson

Holy cow, man, this stuff is light!!

I love it; I'll put it to use very soon.

EVERYONE: This stuff is where it's at! It's boss, a groove a gas; send me to Saigon, it's seriously sexy swamp ash!

Thanks skibum, I was wondering if you was pleased with the wood I had shipped you. I spent two hours yesterday planning and sizing more of the wood, and hopefully I'll have them up on the board later this afternoon. BTW, what's the best method of weighing without having to bring it to the post office first? I know that everyone is going to want the weight, so I might have to pick up some scales. Anyone know much about scales for stuff like this?

Yeah, someone has told me that bathroom scales would work before, but I was wondering about the accuracy of it. I didn't get everything done yesterday, so I'm going to get started tonight with taking pictures of the wood, I'll let you guys know when I have it up on the web site. I'm glad you liked your wood, most of the wood I have are like what you got, 2lbs per board foot and under.