Hey brian!!!!

ryeisnotcool2

we could set it up on this thread and the guys on this board could post up one song from a band that they are currently in or if they do solo music .

then maybe after a month of voting by all the other members we could have a winner who could win something?

plus this gets new music out to more ears and we can get a feel for what everyone is into musically. and its a little more bublicity for the bands.

its just an idea, for something fun plus i would like to hear what else you guys are doing. :D

ryeisnotcool2 it would be cool :D

I'm just saying that with the differences in age's here I can vote on about any jandra of music along with a few other members but some of you are a bit young to remember people like Frank & Mahogany Rush or Led Zepplin or even Hendrix and the Beatles live...........

BTW Frank Marino was a great guitarist for his time, if you get a chance to pickup some of his work give it a listen, like the "Double Live" Album circa 1988.

Yeah some of us are so old around here we knew heavy metal when it was just being born B)

Since we're talking about bands we're in and such I thought this an appropriate place to put this......

I need your help!

My bands are in a battle for a Lollapalooza date.

There are many evil bands that are trying to win this battle, we must defeat them!

Here's how you can help:

Go to Streetfight.net.

Register as a voter.

Search for Urthmen and/or Urthgirl in the "rock" category.

Click on "rate this artist".

Select "use it."

(You can help more by selecting "lose it" on other bands' rating pages.)

Thanks for your help! We can't win this intergalactic rock war alone!

......you.......are.....our.......only.......hope.......

hey bri, i love led zep! and hendrix! and i will definetly look for franks music.

but i was thinking along the lines of our own music, so if any of the guys or girls on this site have a band ,they could enter into the contest. and heck i like all styles of music! i played at a rock show and one of the openning bands was a band called "the unpronouncables" they are a swing band! and man they are awsome!! and very tight!

i just figured, most guitarplayers are in a band and i just want to hear what some of the guys on the site have to offer. :D

The site has been getting slammed because of all the people voting. I'm running a T1 line here and it was slow. Their server is just getting pounded. The address is www.streetfight.net.

Thanks for trying, as of this morning we were #11 out of hundreds of bands(Urthmen), and Urthgirl wasn't doing bad either, so I guess someone likes us!

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... well i'm more of a solo lead rock guitarist, if u find ur self saying "ya me too!" or "man i wana be so bad!" then check out http://www.guitarwar.com a great site for 5$ a month, lots of friendly shredders on there, and it's a guitar oriented site, so no singing or any of that BS (no offence intended)